Defense - Aerospace
At least 3 year(s)
No phone calls, please.
We Fly with the Fastest …
With 70+ years of experience and reliability, our products are aboard virtually every major commercial, military avionic and space vehicle program. Our talented, loyal and dedicated employees provide highest quality and innovative solutions, products and services to meet our customers’ needs.
Today, we have an immediate need for several Contract Tool Designers
to assist with critical Aerospace programs.
Under minimal direction, supports manufacturing in its entirety and various linked departments )e.g., Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Control, Maintenance, Purchasing, Sales, Estimating, etc.) in evaluating, developing, planning, coordinating, directing and improving tool fabrication processes. Facilitates all tool fabrication activities from design to fabrication, including make or buy. Supports primary project Manufacturing Engineer during tool selection, including during quoting process. Supports Tool Control in outside process activities, including vendor search, selection and certification.
In this position you will need to be:
- Proficient in interpreting complex engineering, tool and equipment drawings.
- Proficient math and analytical skills.
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing processes, e.g., assembly, welding, machining, forming, cleaning and inspection.
- Experience working with aerospace materials, e.g., stainless, nickel, titanium, aluminum, tool steels.
- Entrepreneurial skills in enterprise management (business owner).
- Solid project management skills.
- Experience planning/managing capital expenditures.
- Computer/software proficiency.
Requires related four (4) year college degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Six (6) years Tooling Engineer (or similar technical positions) experience in aerospace manufacturing or related industry.
Please visit our website at www.arrowheadproducts.net for a more detailed job description.