Engineering - Services
Strategy - Planning
4 Year Degree
At least 10 year(s)
Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with more than 2,100 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
Gannett Fleming, Inc is seeking a motivated Senior Project Manager/Environmental Consultant to join our Site Remediation practice in Irvine California. The ideal candidate brings significant consulting experience and client relationships, in order to provide practice leadership, strategic direction, and technical support to grow Gannett Fleming’s practice in Southern California.
As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a growing team of professionals to deliver solid results to a wide variety of clients enhancing Gannett Fleming’s brand in the marketplace. A client focused individual who can identify potential business opportunities. An effective project manager who understands the needs of the business while effectively coordinating various disciplines to achieve the desired outcomes.
You will also be responsible to develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver financial results to grow opportunities across Gannett Fleming’s Environmental Resources Service Lines [e.g., Brownfields redevelopment, site investigation and remediation, risk assessment, environmental construction management, site closure and decommissioning].
- As a “seller/doer,” you will be responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Gannett Fleming’s profile and market share in the region through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development.
- Design and implement comprehensive site investigation, site restoration and site decommissioning programs, including risk-based corrective action approaches.
- Oversee multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Provide technical and strategic advice to clients and internal staff associated with identification and management of environmental risk and liability with issues associated with environmentally impacted sites in Southern California.
- Development and management of Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments and follow up with remedial work evaluation and implementation in support of property transaction, environmental due diligence, litigation, land redevelopment and regulatory requirements.
- Develop a working understanding of Gannett Fleming’s other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
- BS in engineering, geology, science, or related discipline; professional registration preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant site investigation/remediation experience, including environmental consulting experience with a minimum of 5 years experience at the business development/senior project management level
- Proven business development experience in programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts in Southern California.
- Existing relationships within the transportation, aerospace or oil & gas
- Consistent 'seller/doer' track record of delivering annual sales of at least $500,000 (net revenue).
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the local regulatory climate, with proven negotiation skills with state and local regulators.
- Recognized technical expertise by the local market
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Employer NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.