Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
Sargent & Lundy's Power Delivery Services business unit currently has an opportunity for a Substation Electrical Engineer in its San Francisco, California office.
• This position offers the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design and project management of high voltage substation projects.
• You will take an active role in project conceptualization, work planning, and project execution.
• You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues.
• Prepare reports and studies that present technical and project information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats.
• Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L?s systems of process and associated ?Communities of Practice.?
• In addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as needed.
Essential skills and experience:
• A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program is required; MSEE preferred.
• 6 or more years experience in the design of substations 138kV and above.
• Ability to read and understand the following types of substation drawings:
• One Line Diagrams
• Three Line Diagrams (AC Schematics)
• DC Schematic Diagrams
• Wiring Diagrams
• Cable/Conduit Schedule
• Familiarity with ANSI/IEEE/NEMA standards as they relate to substation design. This includes the National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI - C2).
• Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
• Experience tracking project information such as: schedules and expenditures against budgets, preparing status reports and client interface.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
• PE license.
• AutoCAD experience.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V