Other Great Industries
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
Technology - 200
Financial Engines is currently seeking a professional, motivated and independent Senior Network Engineer to join our Systems Architecture team which is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Financial Engines enterprise systems.
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer with strong networking skills to be responsible for the ongoing implementation and support of our enterprise network. This is a deeply technical, hands-on role for an experienced individual with a proven background in building and maintaining high performance, highly available secure enterprise networks. The candidate is expected to be well organized and excel both independently and in a team environment, with minimal supervision. Experience should include supporting a 24/7 production environment. Responsibilities
- Design, deploy, monitor and maintain Financial Engines enterprise network, including switching, routing, firewalls and remote access.
- Assist in the day to day operations of Financial Engines enterprise systems including corporate, development and production infrastructures.
- Provide network support to developers, testers and end-users.
- Comfortable in an environment with flexible work schedules, 24/7 availability, and on-call rotation.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to take ownership of system issues and work hard to research and recommend solutions.
About Financial Engines: (NASDAQ: FNGN)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with 5+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience deploying and managing Juniper firewalls/routers including ScreenOS and JunOS based devices.
- Experience with deploying and managing multisite VPN solutions, OSPF, and other various networking technologies.
- Experience with deploying and managing load balancers and remote access VPNs a plus.
- Experience deploying and managing Extreme Switches including experience with ESRP and EAPS a plus
- CISSP, GSEC or other advanced security and network certifications a plus.
- Experience working in a financial services environment a plus.
Financial Engines is a fast-growing company dedicated to making high-quality retirement help available to everyone — regardless of how much money they have. We’re proudly independent, which means we don’t make money or earn commissions based on our investment recommendations. Instead, we offer our advisory services to a number of Fortune 500 companies. They, in turn, offer our services to their workers as a valuable employee benefit.
Co-founded in 1996 by Nobel Prize-winning economist Bill Sharpe, Financial Engines currently offers personalized advice for saving, investing and living in retirement to millions of workers nationwide. Our strong ties with employers give us a unique opportunity to form direct relationships with their employees.
Some people love the challenge of investing. Others prefer to focus their time elsewhere, but everyone needs to plan for retirement. Whatever their interest level in investing, Financial Engines combines cutting-edge technology and a personal, human touch to help all types of investors reach their retirement goals.
All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors, L.L.C., a federally registered investment advisor and wholly-owned subsidiary of Financial Engines, Inc. Financial Engines does not guarantee future results.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.