$80,000 - $90,000 /Year
Import - Export
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
An International logistics company is seeking an IT Sr. System Analyst. Ideal candidates would have at least 5 years of IT project management and vendor management. Experience in the Logistics Industry and software is a big plus.
Position Title: IT Sr. System Analyst
Position Type: Temp - Hire
Location: Irvine, CA
Work Hours: M-F, 8:00-5:00
FLSA Status: Exempt
• Provide subject matter expertise on existing IT systems. Create enhancements and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Day to day vendor management
• Support project(s) throughout the project phases and ensure design solution supports the business requirements. Alert IT management when there are potential disconnects.
• Provide expertise and support for Infrastructure, Hardware, and Network. Also manage the vendors and service providers. Assist in upgrades, capacity and redundancy planning.
• Design, implement and support Network infrastructure including firewalls, routers and switches.
• Provide support for Logistics applications like WMS, TMS, and Import \ Export systems on day to day basis, maintenance and manage issues for all customers.
• Effectively communicate with customer, IT, Business Management and IT vendors.
• Manage the development and maintenance of interfaces, EDI integration, XML, CSV, Flat file, etc.
• Resolves user problems and support resources; evaluating service requirements; tracking and reporting problems.
• Assist in project planning, update existing plans, follow-up on issues, and create status reports.
• Assist in disaster recovery planning, back-up procedures and data security.
• Minimum of 5 to 10+ years in IT especially in Project and application vendor management
• Background in Database Administration (Oracle)
• Practices Best IT Processes (ITILv3, CMMi, or QMS)
• Any Professional IT certifications
• Should have a demonstrated portfolio of previous projects where the candidate was accountable/responsible for the requirement gathering and/or solution design aspect of the project supported by references.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to negotiate IT contracts with outside partners and providers.
• Prior interface development and troubleshooting knowledge a plus.
• Industry background in logistics\manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, or supply chain planning a plus.
• Previous experience with WMS, TMS or Import \Export applications a plus.
• Windows Scripting and familiarity with Windows IIS is a plus)
• Oracle and SQL query knowledge (UNIX shell scripting and UNIX OS).
• Must be proficient in the use of MS-Project, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Have enough technical proficiency to be conversant and intelligently evaluate work items and topics raised by technical staff.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work and support multiple projects such as enhancements, upgrades, replacement etc.
• Project management experience a plus
• Ability to travel (~10%).
For more than a decade, TriCom Quest has been a leader in the employment consultant industry, providing staffing services for both employers and job seekers, at virtually every level — from entry to executive. Our service spans the United States, providing placements for a broad range of companies, including those headquartered in the Pacific Rim with satellite offices within the United States. Yet what makes us stand out from the employment “crowd" is our service. Whether you’re hiring employees or in search of a job, TriCom Quest is committed to quality service, from the very first handshake to placement, and beyond.