Science & Technology
Come work on a platform that is a scalable interactive marketing platform that helps marketers in designing and executing sophisticated marketing campaigns.
This Senior Software Engineer position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of innovative and customer-centric data integration solutions for the company’s signature platform.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing BI/DW team and get involved in data warehouse development activities to assist in continuing foundation improvements to the overall usability, scalability, reliability, and performance of an existing data warehousing environment.
You will love:
• Leading, participating in gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for the Data Warehouse/Analytical Reporting.
• Preparing Technical Design / Specifications; develop routines for data extraction and loading.
• Being in a highly technical role requiring critical thinking, hands on development, and attention to detail from analysis through implementation and post-production.
• Effectively communicating with various teams and stakeholders, escalating technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolving conflicts.
• Analyze and determine the impact of technology capabilities and limitations, translate high.
• Performing effort estimation for various Data Warehouse activities; meeting project deliverables as per requirements, on time within budgets.
What we will love and appreciate about you:
• MS/BS in CS, Math or Engineering or equivalent is required.
• 6+ years of hands-on experience of dimensional modeling, data warehouse development including ETL design, staging, transformations, delta/change data capture, star-schemas, cubes, and history loading.
• Excellent experience using Informatica Power Center or other Commercial off-the-shelf ETL tools.
• Experience writing Shell scripts and Oracle PL/SQL procedures.
• Java experience is a plus.
• Background developing ETL auditing capabilities for capturing, reporting, and correcting bad data.
• Experience working in an agile team environment. Understanding of code promotion, code turnover to operations, version control, and QA procedures. Conduct code walkthroughs, peer reviews, and produce technical documentation.
• Ability to monitor performance of data warehouse and reporting systems to provide ongoing performance tuning. Understanding of how to review logs, explain plans, clean temp files, and other administrative issues required to ensure applications and databases will perform efficiently.
• Must have the ability to be a self-starter and work independently on technical projects but also
Shell scripts and Oracle PL/SQL
hands-on experience of dimensional modeling,