The Collateral Analyst manages the document review and collateral process and acts as a key liaison between PennyMac and our document custodian.
Collateral/Document Custodian Process
- Reconciles and ensures that all data and documents are sent to the document custodian within established time frames.
- Places conditions on loans missing key collateral documents and coordinates with the Primary Account Manager to obtain and provide documents to custodian. Clears conditions when appropriate.
- Manages the preparation of allonges and coordinates delivery of original documents to custodian on a daily basis.
- Responsible for placing conditions on loans with issues identified by our document custodian and coordinating with the Primary Account Manager to resolve. Clears conditions when appropriate.
- Manages and reconciles notes that are returned to the Correspondent’s warehouse bank.
- Ensure that wire instructions provided to the document custodian are accurate and set up on PennyMac’s system to ensure timely purchase of mortgage loans.
- Must be proficient in Excel; able to utilize intermediate formulas and functions and manipulate large amounts of data.
- Complete special assignments necessary to support business strategy.
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance or related field desired but not required
An understanding of collateral requirements related to at least one of the following: POAs, Trusts and/or CEMA loans
Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices & procedures.
Relies on experience & judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Knowledge of basic computer software programs, including Internet, Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
Communication – Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of external clients and internal leadership and think in a strategic manner. Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
Interpersonal Effectiveness – Maintains a positive attitude and provides exemplary internal and external customer service.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Task Management/Execution - Demonstrates ability to advance multiple priority assignments independently, concurrently and within established deadlines.
PennyMac is an Equal Opportunity Employer