Ukiah Healthcare Center
is a busy skilled nursing facility located in beautiful Mendocino County in Northern California. We are currently looking for a full time OT to join our team. Enjoy a wonderful in-house therapy program with a diverse mix of adult and geriatric patients and many opportunities to develop and implement programs that will really make a difference. Our Rehab Director is outstanding and has been building the programs at Ukiah for several years. We are also excited about our facility wide improvements, spacious therapy gym and updated equipment. We can offer stable and secure full time employment, competitive compensation/benefits, paid CEU's, and many career growth opportunities.
Ukiah Healthcare Center receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 100 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Ensign culture has come to life in these facility teams and is evident in the ownership, passion, and celebration found in their departments every day. In addition, Ensign culture has fostered an environment where therapists have an unprecedented level of freedom to create and implement the programs that will best serve their patients and communities.
- Treat patients as directed by the Occupational Therapist and adhere to facility documentation guidelines
- Record treatments given and progress notes in medical record
- Assist in maintaining department
- Participate in Patient Care and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in training programs for other staff in the facility
- Record treatment charges per the facility policy and procedures
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance program
Although prior therapy experience is preferred, we place a high value on intelligence, drive and willingness to learn and grow, making this an excellent opportunity for an exceptional new graduate who is willing to work hard and make him or herself an indispensable member of our team. The right individual will be committed to providing the superior service levels that our patients and residents need and expect.
Licensed or Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
New graduates are welcome
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
Allied Health: Occupational Therapy Assistant