At Timken, our associates make a difference around the world every day. We are dedicated to improving our customers' performance by delivering unparalleled value and innovation. Timken associates thrive on the many opportunities offered in a global organization to grow personally and professionally. Our core values - ethics and integrity, independence, innovation and quality - are the foundation of our company and drive every decision and action we take. If you thrive on challenges and have the ability and talent to be a Timken associate, we currently have an opportunity to join our team.
Responsible for establishing strategic direction and leadership for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of industry leading environmental, health and safety programs at the Timken Manchester facility, and to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, Local and company rules and regulations.
Provide daily leadership to ensure the effective development and implementation of all occupational injury and illness prevention programs.
1. Develop and maintain safety and environmental programs, standards and procedures that will ensure Timken Aerospace Transmission and all associates are in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including OSHA and EPA standards.
2. Develop strategies to improve environmental visibility, engagement of management and active associate participation. Analyst environmental date to measure progress towards meeting goals and identify areas needing attention.
3. Communicate with all levels of the organization on Safety & Environmental initiatives. Identify and work with the appropriate persons in the organization to drive continuous improvement in EH&S performance.
4. Utilize background, experience and expertise to help identify root causes and lead the implementation of appropriate corrective actions to high profile plant safety issues.
5. Develop and deliver environmental health and safety awareness and compliance by implementing appropriate training programs. Measure the effectiveness of these programs and continuously improve these measurements.
6. Develop and implement programs to reduce occupational injuries and illnesses, including work area assessments, team based injury investigations and clear, measurable goals.
7. Lead the plant safety team. Establish appropriate safety team roles & responsibilities.
8. Analyze and report out the safety key metrics to plant leadership and other parties as needed. (this will include the production meetings on a daily basis).
9. Involve all associates and supervisors in walk-around inspections and audits of safety/environmental practices and workplace conditions. Develop strategies to eliminate gaps identified by the audits and walk-around inspections. Implement the correction actions to address the gaps.
10. Lead and coordinate with OA, Corporate Total Rewards, etc. on workers compensation case.
Bachelor degree in Environmental Mgt, Engineering, science
Advanced knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NHDES, Workers Compensation, FMLA, STD8 to 10 years experience in manufacturing with a background in environmental management
Ability to implement and manage long term strategies
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Ability to effectively drive results
Working knowledge of Behaviour Based Safety programs
Advanced knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NHDES, Workers Compensation, FMLA, STD
Solid leadership and training skills
Proficiency with MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access (preferred)