NetScout is looking to add Principal On-Site Support Engineers (Enterprise Network Management) in the following locations:Schaumburg, IllinoisReston, VirginiaOverland Park, Kansas
We will have additional positions opening in other locations around the country shortly.
Relocation assistance is available on a case-by-case basis.
We are currently seeking an On-site Support Engineer to work with customers in this fast-paced technology environment with deep understanding of LTE (Long Term Evolution) /4G networks. Candidate should have understanding and experience in Wireless Access Networks(RAN) and wireless core data networks(EPC). Primary responsibility is to ensure that the customer always has access to the critical data that our products provide. This person must be keen to research and troubleshooting subscriber issues , primarily on their own and guide the customer with appropriate suggestion based on troubleshooting. This position serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Wireless Data Networks 3G/4G and IP Networks (Switching and Routing). This position performs hands on and consultative support to customers and maintenance of highly complex Netscout deployment including PM Appliances, Probes , Infinistreams, nSI , SDM solutions
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex 3G/4G interworking problems and product issue.
- Using Netscout tools, design and develop reports for 3G / 4G and LTE networks.
- Identify and execute strategic customer focused projects.
- Interface with our world-class Support, Sales, development and SQA teams to identify and to resolve customer issues.
- Utilizing Netscout's Knowledge Management database, research & develop technical tips and solutions
- Coordinate changes to the configuration, upgrades and Netscout related matters
- Provide documented in-depth technical solutions and training for customer and other engineers.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of Technical Support procedures and infrastructure.
- Advise customer on network management best practices using Netscout product suite.
- Minimum of 5-years supporting critical customers at their location
- Must have minimum of 5 years of experience in Telecom service provider industry or Telco vendor industry
- Solid understanding of 3GPP/3GPP2 Standards and some involvement in public forums IP routing & switching : Sound understanding of IP/MPLS and Ethernet technologies
- Proven experience in network management and monitoring
- Expert knowledge of a wide range of state-of-the-art network practices and technology to advice on resolution of critical and complex network issues
- Strong end-to-end technical knowledge in the following areas: Mobility Applications, Mobility Platforms and Operating Systems, VPN, WLAN, WWAN, LAN, TCP/IP, IP SEC, IMS,CDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA, LTE
- Solid understanding of VoIP and Wireless Protocols (SIP, MGCP, H.323, RTP, GTP, GRE etc)
- Hands on experience with Protocol Analyzer tools and debugging tools
- Expert-level understanding of system protocols and interfaces (Gn, Gi, IuPS, S1, S5, Gx etc) that are used within a wireless network
- Strong Unix/Linux/Storage systems knowledge and adept on the related disciplines
- Experience working remotely, but cooperatively with HQ
- Effective communication skills with ability to clearly explain ideas and influence decisions
- Self-motivated and constantly looking for ways to improve both product and process
- Exceptional organization, time management skills and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, under stress and within time constraints
- Exceptional technical and business oral and written communication skills
- Proven expertise in customer relationship and management
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of business
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills while maintaining a business level view towards resolution
- Proficiency in Linux
- CCNA required (CCNP preferred)
- Experience in project management and managing with multiple projects.(PMP preferred)
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics/ Communication/ Electrical or Computer Science/Network Security or equivalent discipline
About NetScout Systems, Inc.
NetScout Systems, Inc. is the market leader in Unified Service Delivery Management solutions focused on assuring service delivery for the world's most demanding and complex service delivery environments. With more than 25 years of technology innovation, NetScout continues to lead the performance management market and has dramatically changed how enterprises and service providers optimize and protect service delivery to end users and subscribers across modern IP networks.
NetScout has remained focused on driving technology innovation within its product portfolio to meet the needs of these organizations, providing robust tools for the efficient and effective management of dynamic applications and service delivery environments.
Headquartered in Westford, Massachusetts, NetScout has approximately 800 employees and offices across the globe. NetScout serves the Global 5000 enterprise community as well as government agencies and telecommunications service providers.