NetScout is looking to add Principal On-Site Support Engineers in the following locations: Richfield, MinnesotaPlano, TexasWestford, MassachusettsWilmington, Delaware
We will have additional positions opening in other locations around the country shortly.
Relocation assistance is available on a case-by-case basis.
The person in this position will work daily in a fast paced environment employing our cutting edge nGenius technology for the assurance of service delivery as well as ensuring quality end user experiences for our customers.
Our On-site Engineers work closely with the networking and service provider staffs at our customers to not only troubleshoot and resolve complex issues, but serve as a single point of contact for support delivery from our world class and award winning support, Development, and SQA teams.
Utilizing our knowledge base, our on-site engineers research and develop technical tips and solutions for not only NetScout products but also our customer operations. As an adjunct member of the customer staff, this person will not only provide solutions for our products, but also for the customer’s business needs. As a daily part of their responsibilities, our on-site engineer will work with our patented products and contribute to the overall success of our customer’s critical business initiatives.
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex product issues
- Identify and execute strategic customer focused projects
- Interface with our world-class support, development and SQA teams to identify and to resolve product issues
- Utilizing NetScout's Knowledge Management database, research & develop technical tips and solutions
- Coordinate changes to the configuration, upgrades and NetScout related matters
- Provide documented in-depth technical solutions for customer and other engineers
- Contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of Technical Support procedures and infrastructure
- Advise customer on network management best practices using NetScout product suite
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Network Security or equivalent discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in network management supporting external customers
- 2 plus years in critical and managed customer care
- Experience working remotely, but cooperatively with HQ
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex network problems
- CCNA and proficiency in Linux required (CCNP preferred)
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating system environments
- Ability to write technical articles outlining problems resolution and troubleshooting steps (contribute knowledge to the knowledge base)
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of server networking, including troubleshooting networking problems
- Solid problem solving skills and proven technical trouble shooting skills
- Proven effective oral and written skills
- Motivated, self–starter and also able to work well in a team
- Exceptional organization, time management and technical writing skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively on complex customer issues within tight time constraints
- Must possess an understanding of basic debugging techniques such as analysis of dump files, tracing, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Hands-on experience with the primary functionalities of a network analyzer or a packet-sniffer program for traffic captures
- Effective communication skills with ability to clearly explain ideas and influence decisions
- Self-motivated and constantly looking for ways to improve both product and process
- Exceptional organization, time management skills and multi-tasking skills
NetScout Systems, Inc. is the market leader in Unified Service Delivery Management solutions focused on assuring service delivery for the world's most demanding and complex service delivery environments. With more than 25 years of technology innovation, NetScout continues to lead the performance management market and has dramatically changed how enterprises and service providers optimize and protect service delivery to end users and subscribers across modern IP networks.
NetScout has remained focused on driving technology innovation within its product portfolio to meet the needs of these organizations, providing robust tools for the efficient and effective management of dynamic applications and service delivery environments.
Headquartered in Westford, Massachusetts, NetScout has approximately 800 employees and offices across the globe. NetScout serves the Global 5000 enterprise community as well as government agencies and telecommunications service providers.