Gerdau Special Steel North America is an engineered bar producer headquartered in Jackson, Michigan with world class steel manufacturing mills in Jackson, Michigan, Monroe Michigan, and Fort Smith, Arkansas, and metal processing facilities in Huntington, Indiana, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, Lansing, Michigan, Canton, Ohio, and North Vernon, Indiana. Gerdau Special Steel group is the largest supplier of SBQ engineered steel bars to the global automotive and heavy truck industries.
We believe our employees are the best in the business. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Gerdau growth is based on our values and on a vision focused on excellence. We see customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, total safety in the workplace, a commitment to our stakeholders, employees, and communities, and profit as a measure of performance.
Gerdau is currently seeking a Supervisor Maintenance / Routine Facilitator – for its Fort Smith, AR facility.
Gerdau Special Steel, Fort Smith division, is a SBQ (specialty bar quality) steel mill consisting of four major operating departments - melting, casting, rolling and finishing. The major plant equipment consists of electric arc furnaces, a rotary continuous caster, rolling mill, reheating and heat treating furnaces and bar turning and straightening machines. Unique to the operation is a twin tank vacuum arc degasser, porous plug argon stirring and ladle injection system for secondary refining which enables Gerdau to produce aircraft and bearing quality steel bars. The plant support systems include various water processing facilities, on-site electrical sub-station, a power distribution equipment network and computer-based process control equipment for plant operation.
The Routine Facilitator is responsible for managing the routine activities of the mechanics and electricians in their cell, while contributing with their technical expertise. This position will ensure the team has the resources, knowledge and tools to perform their job functions.
The Routine Facilitator is responsible for maintaining healthy and safe working conditions on the floor and to ensure employees abide by all plant rules, policies and procedures.
- Train and coach employees (6 direct reports)
- Manage routine processes and activities within area of responsibility.
- Revise and update standards and coordinate and provide training on standards development.
- Audit standards (Routine Procedures, Job Aids, One Point Lessons, etc.) and treat problems found.
- Manage their processes guaranteeing Safety, Cost, Productivity, Environment, Delivery and Quality routine results achievement.
- Establish and negotiate Cell goals and manage Action Plans for his/her Cell goals achievements.
- Analyze, treat and establish counter measurements for failures.
- Practice positive feedback, motivate, train and empower operators and multipliers.
- Communicate, recognize and provide positive feedback.
- Conduct employee Performance Evaluations.
- Contribute with Technical Knowledge.
- Prioritize work with the team and ensure behaviors align with positive results.
- Include GBS Processes/Tools in the day-by-day work.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and engage employees to solve problems using QIS, Kaizen Events, Ideas, etc.
- Manages failures as needed (by removing symptoms, analyzing failures and attacking causes, and following up daily on failures).