Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. (MEPPI) is a leading U.S. supplier of electrical and electronic equipment, systems and services to utilities and industrial customers in the U.S. and overseas.
MEPPI is currently recruiting for a Field Service Supervisor to support their new Power Transformer Division (PTD) in Memphis. PTD is producing highly-engineered large power transformers.
Responsible for successful supervision of site assembly and field service work for the Power Transformer Division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervise field service technicians, making assignments for the technicians, providing training, etc.
• Monitor, maintain, and develop project installation plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, cost reporting and control and allocation of available resources.
• Coordinate site work, including subcontract work, such as civil and erection.
• Coordinate MEPPI work to support installation and commissioning (including engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, etc.).
• Meet with customers to identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
• Ensure all customer commitments are met.
• Monitor all project cost and develop accurate forecasts to insure projects are within budget.
• Identify, track, and expedite resolutions of customer complaints and Field Incident Reports (FIRs) while keeping management informed when appropriate.
• Manage site safety, insurance issues and claims on assigned projects.
• Prepare project status reports and keep management, customers, and others informed of project status.
• Work with Company’s sales channel to grow parts and service business opportunities.
• Prepare and submit technical and commercial proposal for parts/services RFQ’s. Interface with factories, MELCO overseas marketing department, suppliers and customers to clarify the proposal.
• Estimate the Company’s parts/service costs. Recommend prices to support the Company’s margin requirements and reflect market price.
• Support customer parts/service proposal negotiations, both technical and commercial.
• Confirm customer parts/service orders are consistent with the proposal. Enter orders and turnover to Project Manager.
• Identify all contract requirements and commitments. Enter and track customer commitments in project management software.
• Travel to customer project sites and vendor sites as required.
• Handle all PTD warranty claims requiring field service.
• Generate shipping documents for parts orders.
• Conduct customer project review meetings and publish minutes of meetings.
• Support and assist the Sales Manager as needed.
• Support and make recommendations to improve Company policies and procedures.
• Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Power Transformer Division through positive interactions with other departments, vendors, customers, and MELCO locations.
• Know MEPPI’s Quality and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED.