The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum is seeking an exceptional and creative individual with progressive experience to join our events team.
The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum is operated by the non-profit, educational Country Music Foundation (CMF). The mission of the Museum is to identify and preserve the evolving history and traditions of country music and to educate its audiences. Functioning as a local history museum and as an international arts organization, the Museum serves visiting and non-visiting audiences including fans, students, scholars, and members of the music industry. The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum is accredited by the American Association of Museums, certifying that the Museum operates according to the highest standards, manages its collection, and provides quality service to the public. Of the 8,000 museums nationwide, only some 750 are accredited.
The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum has been the home of America's music since 1967. In keeping with the cultural significance of the music and the heroic achievements of those who form its membership, the Museum opened in a $37 million landmark, new building in May 2001. An expanded Museum gallery will open its doors spring of 2014. Additional events spaces opening in October 2013, will take the institution from its current 140,000 square feet of event space to more than 350,000 square feet. This expansion will include an 800-seat theater and a 10,000 square foot glass front event hall (along with other spaces) and state of the art kitchen and support areas.
The Executive Sous Chef will play a key role in the overall success of our Food and Beverage operation. Working alongside our Executive Chef, he/she will plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food in a safe, sanitary work environment. He/she will also be responsible for long and short term planning; as well as day-to-day operations of the kitchen and related areas. The Executive Sous Chef also recommends menu and procedural changes, works closely with the sales and service teams, and manages food and labor costs within approved budget constraints.
Essential functions for the position
- Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food in a safe, sanitary, cost-effective manner.
- Manage Human Resources in the kitchen to attract, retain and motivate employees.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal and state standards and regulations.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's budget.
- Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc...) within corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.