• Performs routine duties related to serving food as well as clearing dishes and cleaning tables.
• Collects and disposes of garbage left at tables.
• Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment.
• Assists wait staff on assigned duties such as serving food.
• May assist with stocking food inventory.
• May carry and distribute supplies and equipment.
• May assist others in the preparation of foods and properly store food.
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
• Applies basic skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position. Applies basic skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position. Ability to effectively communicate and receive information in a manner easily understood by fellow employees. Must have customer service skills, and the ability to interact with the public.
• Education or Equivalent Experience: High school diploma, or equivalent.
• Supervision/ Managerial Experience: None
• Function Specific Experience: Six months to one year (Catering experience preferred).
• Certification Requirements: None
• Supervision Received: Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Supervision Provided: None
• Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated.
• Physical Demands: Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility, dexterity and long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 30 pounds or more.