• Experience with Database Administration on one of the following databases Postgres, ORACLE, MySQL.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using shell scripts.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience working with UNIX server.
• Experience in programing languages and logic
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
• 2 plus years experience with postgres database
• Knowledge of source control software (Bazaar,SVN.. etc) in a Unix environment
• Relation theory and design with knowledge of Entity Relationship Diagrams.
• Unix Shell scripting and programing
• Stored Procedure and Function development
• Must pass required Background Check and Drug Test.