Chief Information Officer
Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
Uline is a leading North American distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. Founded in 1980, the family-owned business has experienced continuous growth over the years. Today, we employ over 3,100 bright, career-minded individuals across the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
At Uline, we're energetic and passionate about what we do. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to superior customer service.
Uline seeks a Chief Information Officer (CIO) at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (south of Milwaukee).
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive business growth through better use of technology.
- Manage a large, complex IT environment and uphold best-in-class standards.
- Effectively communicate complex IT issues to executive management.
- Manage the hiring, placement and development of Uline's IT professionals.
- Provide strategic direction for Uline's custom and off-the-shelf applications.
- Run and complete large and often transformative projects.
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, which includes fostering innovation, organizing and planning projects and negotiating resource allocation.
- Ensure the security and protection of Uline's corporate information systems and equipment.
- Accountable for design and successful execution of high availability and application recoverability.
- Negotiate, prepare and review Uline’s IT-based contracts.
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, management or related field.
- 15+ years experience, with 7+ years in a Director / Senior Executive or CIO position within an organization of $750 M+.
- Application Development, Java, WebSphere, Oracle and Data Warehousing experience a must.
- Well-versed in strategic planning processes and implementation.
- Strong ability to provide direction for an IT services organization with varied customers and clients within the organization.
- Travel to Uline’s domestic and international branches.
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER BENEFITS
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.