CRC Health Group is the largest provider of specialized behavioral health care services in the U.S. We treat more than 30,000 people with drug and alcohol addiction, learning differences, weight management issues, eating disorders, and other behavioral issues each day. Whether patients require high-intensity, full-time treatment or lower intensity, part-time treatment, or fall somewhere in between, CRC Health has a program to meet their needs.
Today, CRC employees over 4500 employees who are dedicated to delivering the best support and services to families all over the United States. CRC facilities have enjoyed an industry wide reputation for treatment excellence over the past 20 years and are recognized as a key industry leader 3x’s larger than any of our competitors. CRC provides clinically sound, research-based treatment options at 140 facilities conveniently located throughout the United States.
Nestled in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains near Tucson, Arizona, lies a unique treatment center dedicated to the prevention, education, and treatment of addictions and behavioral disorders. Sierra Tucson is more than a drug treatment center, as it is multi-licensed to facilitate healing for psychiatric issues as well as many types of addiction and chronic pain. A comprehensive Family Program is included for all patients and their invited family members.
We are currently looking for a dedicated Quality/Risk Manager for Sierra Tucson. Our ideal candidate will be someone who exhibits business process knowledge, possesses a broad based operational perspective and provides solutions for risk and insurance related business issues.
- Manager of Accreditation with oversight and coordination of Joint Commission Standards, State Regulations and other accrediting bodies governing Sierra Tucson. Coordinate on-going facility compliance with standards and regulations. Ensure timely completion of State license renewals and Joint Commission reporting.
- Compliance Officer maintains and coordinates all standards, regulations and policy/procedures with staff and all programming at the facility. Maintains a friendly attitude and an open door policy for staff with concerns and questions; maintain and support all staff in the confidentiality of the facility functions. Serves as facility HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Quality Management Chair heads up the Quality Management Team and provides direction of outcome trending and measures as required by Sierra Tucson, the State and Joint Commission.
- Manager of Medical Records oversees the Supervisor of Medical Records and Transcription; who supervises the staff, along with the monitoring and evaluation of the clinical record for quality and appropriateness of patient care and adherence to facility policies on timeliness, completeness, etc.
- Risk Management responds to and manages incident reporting, grievances and official complaints. Oversee compliance with the laws governing the facility to include the 42 CFR and 45 CFR along with training of staff in those laws. Responsible for Governing Board Reports, Monthly Operating Reports, the Risk Departments Budget, and any other facility required reports. Serve on the Executive Leadership Committee.
- Liaison to Safety and Infection Control Officer coordinates safety throughout the facility in conjunction with the Facilities Manager. Assist with walk through functions, chairs the safety committee, provide quarterly reports, fire drills, develop and manage plans and policies around disasters and emergencies. Coordinates with the Infection Control Officer a comprehensive infection control plan and outcome report.