MONMOUTH CARDIOLOGY ASSOCIATES, LLC
JOB TITLE: Telemetry/Holter Technician
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for obtaining accurate trans-telephonic transmissions of Pacemakers / Event Recorders. Proper application of Holters / Event Recorders / 24hour Ambulatory Blood Monitors. Performs general clerical duties pertaining to job description.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Director of Electrophysiology
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
1. Perform trans-telephonic pacemaker recording.
2. Import remote pacemaker and defibrillator interrogations
4. Application of 24hr. Ambulatory B/P monitor.
5. Application of 24hr Holter Monitor
6. Application of Cardiac Event Monitors
7. Monitor External Cardiac Ambulatory telemetry
8. Ability to scan 24hr Holter Monitor
9. Ability to identify cardiac arrhythmias
10. Adhere to HIPAA regulations
11. Make sound clinical judgment in regards to patient care
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. Graduate from an accredited
cardio-vascular program required.
1. At least two years experience in the cardiovascular field.
2. Have attended basic ECG interpretation course or seminar.
3. Have attended basic Pacemaker course or seminar.
4. Clerical duties in a cardiovascular department.
1. Cardiac technician (CT certified).
2. Basic life support and CPR certified.
3. Yearly CEUs prescribed by your association.
4. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
6. Adherence to all policies and procedures, including safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- ECG interpretation basic
- Pacemaker interpretation
- Paceart pacemaker program
- MCA phone system
- Creating Pacemaker/ER/holter charts
- Greenway/EMR system
- Excellent interpersonal skills with physicians, patients and staff
- Trouble shooting pacemaker TTMs
- Excellent clerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for telephonic communication
1. Able to work independently with little or no supervision
2. Able to communicate well with patients and colleagues
3. Demonstrate knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures applicable to position
4. Successfully utilize computer system and equipment necessary for position
5. Considers impact of decisions made
6. Detailed oriented
7. Ensures assignments are accurate and of high quality
8. Completes tasks on time and in an organized manner
9. Demonstrates efficient use of time, equipment and work
10. Accepts and utilizes feedback and constructive criticism
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, prolonged standing and walking; normal vision, speaking, and hearing; hand dexterity for telephone, computer and equipment use; patient assistance, lifting, and positioning.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Medical office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs change.