Allied Search Partners, the leader in laboratory staffing, has an opening for a Phlebotomist in the Victoria, TX Area. Know someone for this position? We offer to pay you a referral bonus if we place your referral in a position.
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://www.alliedsearchpartners.com/careers.php
Schedule: Monday-Friday, Full Time, Permanent
Location: Victoria, TX Area
To apply: Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax to 888 388 7572. No other information about the location or name of facility is given at this time.
Things to remember:
- We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
- Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
- Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
- Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
- We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
Responsible for accurately obtaining blood samples via venipuncture and capillary collection procedures with minimum customer discomfort. Provides care to patients whose ages range from infant to geriatric. Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory’s procedures for specimen collection, handling, and processing. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Utilize technical skills and abilities to perform accurate venipuncture and capillary blood collection. Utilizes technical skills and abilities to accurately handle and process specimens.
- Follows laboratory procedures for specimen collection and handling.
- Correctly identifies patient and properly labels specimens.
- Correctly identifies and utilizes proper tubes, containers, transport media, and storage temperature for each test type.
- Correctly identifies proper priority for collection process.
- Follows appropriate guidelines as established by the laboratory for missed draws, recollects, or difficult sticks.
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality.
- Utilizes resources for proper collection and processing of requested tests.
- Utilizes resources to answer inquiries for test information and basic customer related issues.
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, and OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen guidelines.
- Understands and follows all Compliance policies.
- Understands and follows all HIPAA guidelines.
- Participates in departmental quality assurance programs.
- Participates in any laboratory training programs.
- Effectively utilizes departmental resources
- Demonstrates efficiency by timely performing procedures and determining priority.
- Utilizes appropriate supplies with minimal waste.
- Operates equipment to maximize efficiency and minimize down time.
- Utilizes unstructured time constructively.
- Utilizes personal and professional skills to promote customer relations
- Communicates with laboratory staff and its customers to ensure quality patient care.
- Maintains and supports a service oriented relationship with customers.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to customers.
- Strives to maintain a positive work environment.
- Enthusiastically performs miscellaneous duties with completion in a designated time frame.