Job is located in Devens, MA.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has announced plans for an expansion of its large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts. The expansion will create a mammalian cell biologics center of excellence through the introduction of biologics development and clinical trial manufacturing capabilities to the site. Both represent new capabilities for Devens, a site that in its early years has focused solely on large-scale, bulk biologics manufacturing.
Associate Director LSCC EHS Lead:
1. Directs all components of the site Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) organization, which includes: Safety Programs, Occupational Health, Waste Management, Wastewater pre-Treatment, Crisis Management Programs, Environmental Permitting and Industrial Hygiene.
2. Develops and implements site biological safety program; functions as site biosafety officer and chairs Biological Safety Committee.
3. Establishes and communicates strategic and business objectives for EH&S, consistent with company biologics strategy.
4. Develops and implements critical management systems and information systems for compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
5. Identifies and ensures key EH&S metrics, requirements and infrastructure are incorporated for sustainable compliance and safety and that site goals contribute to overall BMS Sustainability Goals.
6. Provides EH&S review and oversight of detailed plan reviews, facility permitting, regulatory strategy, maintenance, operability and insurance reviews.
7. Directs contract resources and outside services to support chemical, biological and wastewater management programs.
8. Effectively manages assigned resources to address priorities, meet schedules, maximize productivity, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies.
9. Develops and leads a high performance team responsible for manufacturing systems, manages the recruitment and development of staff. Invests in the development of current and future leadership through assignment of development opportunities, coaching, mentoring, and effective administration of rewards and recognition.
10. Establishes and communicates high performance standards, defines clear accountability, and leads by adopting continuous improvement strategies to reduce operational variances and reduce cycle time.
11. Develops annual operating budget/staffing levels and manages operation to achieve them.
12. Participates actively in site Senior Leadership Team to establish site mission, annual goals and desired culture while undertaking supportive actions which build commitment to these values, objectives and sustained site-wide teamwork.