A leading manufacturer of pressure sensitive products seeks an Applications Engineer, based in the greater Grand Rapids Area. This engineer will provide support for all technical aspects in the field of single and double-sided tapes for applications in multiple industries.
This engineer will provide product and application expertise along the complete value chain, new product evaluation, coordinates application and possibly dispensing testing. While travel to accounts is required, most of the tasks will be performed at the lab where this person will be based.
- Technical support for all sales personnel on application and dispensing projects to ensure closure (company and distributor) as necessary and to generate the revenue as planned in ABP
- Develop technical and economical analysis along the complete value chain, for the defined applications fields
- Development of concepts for system solutions according to the technical and economic analysis
- Recommendation of new product development according to the analysis
- Act as a liaison with the R&D centers in Hamburg and China as well as with the International Marketing function in Hamburg to ensure a fast and aligned roll out of new products and solutions according to the international strategy
- Assist in linkage between R&D, Marketing & Sales for new product definition and commercial viability
- Coordination of product and application testing within the labs in Sparta, Hamburg and China
- Develop and conduct educational programs for all personnel (internal & external) in area of specialization as necessary
- Write technical specifications, revisions and application reports as needed
- Conduct application studies, instruction, analysis, and implementation
- Monitor competitive environment in marketplace
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical experience required with concentration in engineering/science.
Advanced business and/or technical degree preferred. BSME, BS Chemical Engineer, etc a BIG Plus !!!
- Three to five years of market-relevant experience in similar or related field
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with all internal and external customers
- Must be able to travel as required, up to 50% of time
- “Continuous Process" experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with adhesives, plastics, coatings, flexible materials a strong plus.
SALARY: $50,000 TO $85,000 Depending on Amount of Experience plus up to 12% bonus + Complete Benefits Package. Reasonable relocation will be considered.
Related Terms: Engineer, Applications Engineer, BSME, BS Chemical Engineer, Industrial, coatings, paint, lacquer, adhesives, general industrial, appliances, R&D, technical analysis, project management, self-adhesive tape, pressure-sensitive tapes, Application Solution Engineer, dispensing, continuous process, Engineer, Applications Engineer, BSME, BS Chemical Engineer, Industrial, coatings, paint, lacquer, adhesives, general industrial, appliances, R&D, technical analysis, project management, self-adhesive tape, pressure sensitive tapes, Application Solution Engineer, dispensing, continuous process