Network Consultant (Immediate Hire)
South Florida IT Company currently seeking a full-time position MSCE consultant to work in the South Florida area. The successful candidate must have expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop, Server O/S and MS-Exchange and have exceptional articulation, documentation, presentation, and communication skills. The candidate will work closely with client's staff to provide full-service IT outsourcing. The candidate will report to our office in Boca Raton, work mostly independently, and support our customers throughout Florida. Key areas of expertise include Exchange-based email, Active Directory, security, server monitoring, and network infrastructure. Candidate must have MCSE 2003, experience managing a team and knowledge of the business process.
Typical customer tasks involve:
- Support and troubleshoot client’s users, servers, workstations and networks. Work on-site or remotely to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Maximize system availability and performance through fault-tolerant configuration, efficient network architecture, and proactive server monitoring, while keeping in mind the customer’s business goals.
- Support and manage a variety of applications including but not limited to: office automation applications email applications, phone communications, and high-speed internet connections.
- Create on-going documentation of the environment as it evolves, including detailed time records of account activity.
- Be able to recommend and specify new server communications equipment and/or software to support growth and additional applications.
- Set up and evaluate various information services and applications for clients or internal infrastructure.
- Specify and order new equipment and/or software to support growth and additional applications.
- Evaluate and understand clients business in order to provide recommendations/solutions to aid clients growth,
Minimum Technical Work Experience Requirements:
- Ability to troubleshoot application problems including desktop application integration issues, server problems, data service issues, and connectivity problems.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art personal computers and associated peripherals, LANs, software and data communication packages in order to configure systems and to diagnose and correct system malfunctions.
- In-depth knowledge of widely used personal computer and server software packages in order to provide technical assistance on related projects.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Strong troubleshooting and communications skills, and the ability to implement quick workarounds to technical problems.
- Willingness to exchange information with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to operate effectively in a mobile office environment, providing consistent follow-through and utilizing remote access and wireless connectivity technology. Familiarity with remote monitoring tools and remote troubleshooting techniques.
· Excellent problem solving capability, able to utilize all available resources to quickly resolve issues and provide best practice IT solutions
· Ability to document work continuously through-out the day and provide detailed ticket and time sheet updates
· Take a personal interest in the technology supported and responsibility for the quality of work performed
· Desire and self-motivation to learn new technologies and stay abreast of industry changes
· Ability and positive attitude towards working with a diverse range of technology daily
· Familiar with best practice IT procedures for networks from 5 to 250 users, ability to convey essential information to clients
· 5 or more years of design, implementation and support experience with the following technologies:
1. Server Platforms: Windows 2003/2008 Server (AD, DNS, Security, Backup/DR)
2. Server Virtualization and Shared Storage
3. Network Applications: Exchange 2003/2007/2010, SQL 2000/2005/2008, Citrix, Terminal Services
4. Desktop Platforms: Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64bit) (Group Policy, Profile Management)
· Flash and website design is a plus
Minimum Management/Business Work Experience Requirements:
· Must have professional services / IT consulting experience.
· Must have experience managing subordinates.
· Must maintain positive attitude during high stress, overwhelming pressure and “challenging" clients
· Able to dynamically and positively multi-task across numerous issues and clients in a high pressure environment.
· Able to take ownership of projects and complex problems and follow through with minimal supervision.
· Must understand clients budgetary needs, corporate goals and work flow process.
· Must have strong team leadership, be focus on results and enable businesses to operate more effectively.
· Sales and Marketing experience is a plus .
· 5+ years of desktop and server engineering and administration experience is mandatory – Classroom or training center time does not count towards real-world experience.