Digital Account Executive
For this role, we seek a seasoned Sales Executive (hunter type mentality) to sell Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions to the SMB market (B2B) which spans across different industries and types of businesses. Our digital marketing solutions help to a) drive better overall sales and marketing intelligence/insight into their businesses; b) acquire more new customers, c) retain more existing customer relationships; d) expand their revenues with existing customers, e) drive new revenue streams through better execution on of their marketing & lead generation campaigns and programs; and f) take marketing operational costs out of their business, thus, driving better marketing ROI.
The right person for this role will be able to understand client and prospect business goals; recognize buying signals/selling opportunities, and present Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions and programs that are clearly superior to the marketing programs they currently have in place. This role is a blend of developing business from prospects within a defined geography as well as expanding, thru cross sell, existing client relationships.
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience as an individual contributor in a sales (hunter) role
- Digital Sales background (i.e. paid search, social, email, mobile, and daily deals)
- Experience selling into the SMB (B2B) market
- Consultative/Solutions/ROI selling experience vs. a single Product selling background
- Proven track record in meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Consistent performer and responder to daily, weekly and monthly sales metrics
- Technically proficient in CRM, Campaign Management and Marketing related reporting tools
- Demonstrated & quantifiable history of meeting and exceeding annual sales objectives
- Demonstrated experience in selling “Services” via a consultative selling methodology
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions for Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions
- Technically proficient in CRM, Campaign Mgt and Marketing related reporting tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques
- Strong client related presentation and communication skills.
- Market travel estimated to be 75% – 80% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required, Advanced degree a plus
We hire the person, not the resume! So, put your best foot forward and click on the Apply Now link below to make your first impression! You will be taken to our questionnaire and have an opportunity to attach your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Screen/Background check required
Must have a VALID driver’s license