All positions at company’s Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
We are a rapidly growing natural, organic, and specially grocer in Colorado. We are looking for a highly motivated Culinary professional to help move our deli, Culinary, cheese, and catering departments to the next level. If you have a passion for food, world class customer service, building teams, and constant innovation and improvement, we would like to talk to you about joining our team. We are looking for an experienced, motivated, self-starting, energetic, passionate person to improve existing operations and help us open new stores.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead all culinary teams, inspiring teamwork, enthusiasm, and complete product knowledge.
- Hire and set performance standards of Culinary Team Members through mentoring and coaching.
- Establish and help maintain all retail Culinary standards regarding quality, presentation, sanitation, customer service, skill building, etc.
- Develop new and innovative Culinary products and merchandising techniques to grow sales.
- Ensure that Culinary teams meet or exceed sales, margin, and labor targets.
- Maintain programs that uphold the quality of our Culinary Teams in product knowledge, training, and customer service and production efficiencies.
- Successfully execute promotions, marketing programs, holiday menus and programs as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Culinary degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years professional Culinary management experience.
- Preferred retail experience in Culinary or food service operations and merchandising processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid sense of current Culinary trends with the ability to translate into a retail Culinary environment.
- Burning desire to offer outstanding service to all stakeholders – customers, team members, vendors and producers.
- Ability to develop and cost recipes scaled for large batch production and produce consistently delicious food.
- Passion for all things food and the willing ness to explore, expand and learn. Also the willingness to share knowledge and inspire passion in others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and documentation skills.
- Ability to work flexible days including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Superior merchandising and operational skills.
- Computer literacy with Excel and Word.
- Ability to travel and commute.
- Commitment to achieving excellence.
- Superior organizational skills for follow-through and the ability to juggle and prioritize
- Strong work ethic, lead by example.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
- Efficient planning and ability to execute for results.
- Ability to improve performance through motivation, training and setting clear expectations.
- Ability to analyze and create action plans for financial statements.