Required Skills/Experience Include:
* Certified in ICD-9 Coding - RHIT/RHIA, CCS or CPC.
* E&M coding experience is also preferred.
* Two years of coding experience using ICD-9-CM or equivalency.
* Advance knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, techniques and surgical procedures; anatomy and physiology; major disease processes; pharmacology; and the metric system to identify specific clinical findings, to support existing diagnoses or substantiate listing additional diagnoses in the medical record.
* Advance knowledge of medical codes involving selections of most accurate and description code using the ICD-9-CM, Volumes 1- 3, CPT, HCPCS, and IHS coding conventions.
* Skill in correlating generalized observations/symptoms (vital signs, lab results, medications, etc.) to a stated diagnosis to assign the correct ICD-9-CM code.
* Advance knowledge of medical codes involving selection of most accurate and descriptive code using the CPT codes for billing of third party resources.
* Extensive knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for assignment of diagnostic and procedural codes.
Computer Task Group, Inc. is an international IT solutions and services company, publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol CTGX, with more than 3,700 employees in North America and Western Europe. CTG?s healthcare division, CTG Health Solutions (CTGHS), is a leading IT consulting firm dedicated solely to helping organizations achieve strategic, clinical, financial and operational objectives by more effectively leveraging IT.
CTG Health Solutions has some of the best consultants in the industry, who thrive in a collaborative, team environment which enhances their skills. CTGHS is a premier client partner that rewards valuable contributions and where careers flourish in a high-growth, stable environment.