DRS Technologies provides leading edge products and services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Focused on defense electronics, we develop and manufacture a broad range of mission critical systems and components in the areas of communications, combat systems, battlefield digitization, electro-optics, power systems, data storage, digital imaging, flight safety and space. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com. DRS Company
DRS Power & Control Technologies, Inc., is a leading supplier of high-performance power conversion and instrumentation & control systems for the U.S. Navy’s combatant fleet. Products include ship electric propulsion equipment, power electronics equipment, high-performance networks, shipboard control equipment and control panels, tactical displays and specialty reactor plant instrumentation and control equipment. The Division designs, qualifies and manufactures products that help people every day on the ground, sea and in the air. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule, all employees work 80 hrs in 9 days and have every other Friday off.
Location: Milwaukee, WI Position Summary
Write test procedures, design test fixtures, perform tests and write test reports for power conversion or automation products. Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop test procedures and test fixtures for solid state motor control systems and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems based on equipment specifications. Test procedures to be written include operating tests, burn-in tests and design evaluation tests for the complete system. Test procedures will be written and test fixtures will be designed for subassemblies and printed wiring assemblies.
• Support electrical tests on complex electronic systems and write test reports detailing results of the testing. Test reports will compare actual results obtained during the test to the expected results and will highlight any differences and provide reasons for the differences.
• BSEE or equivalent education and experience
• Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
• 0 years’ experience in manufacturing
• Approximately 10% travel
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of 3-phase power systems, power electronics, control systems, switchgear, motors, MG sets, programmable controllers, electromechanical energy conversion and synchronous machines. Knowledge of Military specifications and knowledge of navy electrical systems desirable.
• Ability to communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and AutoCAD or Visio desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and commercial technology areas. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.