Vanguard is one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice. If you're passionate about joining the financial services industry and eager to provide clients or prospective clients with superior service and investment guidance, a career with Vanguard may be a good fit for you.
Vanguard offers several opportunities to launch an exciting career within the Retail Investor Group (RIG), whose mission is to help clients reach their financial goals by being their highest-value provider of investment products and services. The Retail Investor Group is a launching point for a dynamic Vanguard career in advice, sales, relationship management, leadership, investment management and many other career paths.
These positions are challenging roles that will expose you to Vanguard's unique approach to investments while working directly with our broad base of retail investors. They will also prepare you to take on increasingly complex and broader roles within the diverse Vanguard organization.
Our Client Relationship Specialists provide world-class service to more than 5.2 million clients. Highlighted below are various opportunities available to individuals looking for a dynamic career in the financial services industry and who are eager to continue learning.
- Business Development Group (BDG)- leverages a consultative sales approach to assist clients with consolidating assets and, in turn, growing Vanguard's Retail division.
- BDG: Wealth Transfer Services (WTS) - demonstrating superior client relationship management skills during asset transfers following the death of a Vanguard client by ensuring satisfaction, building loyalty, and enabling growth. As part of BDG, our skilled professionals effectively develop relationships with clients and colleagues to understand and anticipate their needs and expectations.
- Flagship- provides premier services and investment guidance to our high net worth clients through relationship management and knowledge of the financial markets.
- Integrated Client Services (ICS)– effectively identifies and resolves client issues while navigating a continuously changing work environment. Our skilled professionals will demonstrate flexibility and balance multiple responsibilities between Retail Services and Retail Operations.
- Retail Client Account Services- effectively delivers the highest quality services to all Retail clients through account support services and follow through on clients' stated investment goals. Our skilled professionals are extremely knowledgeable and thorough to ensure flawless execution in every client request.
- Retail Services- provides exceptional service and investment guidance to Vanguard's largest base of client-owners. Our licensed investment professionals specialize in educating our largest, most diverse base of investors and helping them achieve their financial goals.
As a Client Relationship Specialist, Your primary responsibilities would include:
- Providing world-class service to clients in our professional environment, emphasizing the ease of investing with Vanguard, and generating client loyalty by presenting an unmatchable client experience from end to end, serving as ambassadors for Vanguard's investment philosophy and our at-cost, client-owned business model.
- Identifying our clients' needs, resolving issues, and positioning appropriate solutions and services to best meet those needs, including low cost products and investment advice or guidance.
- Demonstrating client relationship management skills through active listening, asking open-ended questions, building rapport, showing empathy, and positioning.
- Developing and maintaining proficient knowledge of Vanguard funds and ETFs, individual securities, products and services, the overall financial markets, and the related legal, tax, and regulatory issues in order to educate and guide our clients.
- Remaining current on relevant market and industry news and developing the ability to articulate how world economic events impact our clients and their investment needs.
- Executing client requests in a timely and accurate manner while providing clients with appropriate, accurate, timely, and complete information.
- Adapting to a changing work environment or changes in policies in a positive manner.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Undergraduate degree in any major or equivalent combination of training and/or work experience.
- Minimum two years related work experience.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Passion for the financial services industry, markets and investing.
- Ability to learn complex materials and handle multiple priorities.
- Self-motivated for continued learning and growth.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, managers, and coworkers.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and understanding of mobile applications.
- Ability to acquire financial securities licensure such as FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 63 in all 50 states.
Note: Vanguard cannot offer visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, your employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.