American Career College (ACC) has been helping people succeed for over 30 years, and we are currently recruiting an on-call Substitute Instructor, Dental Assisting (DA) for our Los Angeles Campus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a service oriented individual to help our students begin their journey toward their new careers.
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Program Director delivers class and/or clinical instructions according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and in-service training sessions. Participates in school activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings.
**This is for a substitute position. Please apply if you have the ability to be "on-call" for classes between 8 AM and 5 PM.**
- Must hold a valid, active, current license as a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) and have been licensed for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Must be a graduate from a program accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the specialty field or the subject area in which they teach AND must possess two (2) years of occupational experience in the subject field in which they teach; OR Must have a minimum of three (3) years of job-related training and experience.
- If licensed prior to July 1, 2009, must provide certificates for board-approved courses in the application of pit and fissure sealants, coronal polishing, radiation safety and infection control
- Must have the education, background, and occupational experience and/or teaching expertise necessary to teach, place, and evaluate the application of Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Current Driver’s License and CPR Card Required
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education and exciting career. Your other rewards will include great co-workers, a working environment that promotes learning excellence, and a competitive compensation.
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.