We are seeking a Senior VMware Engineer/Architect Consultant
, to work on a project with our growing IT Department at our Corporate Office in Calabasas, CA
This position will work as a Senior VMware Engineer/Architect in the company's Information Technology department and provide expertise for the company's VMware environment. The position will provide architecture, design and implementation analysis and recommendations around NetApp and VMware virtualization.
Company Profile and Culture
Harbor Freight Tools is different. We're not your typical retailer. We're actually a retailer and branded tool producer rolled into one. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. We're allergic to bureaucracy, extra layers of management and politics. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 35 year-old, $2.5 billion company - on pace to $7.5 billion in the next few years - with the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up. We have over 400 stores nationwide and are opening a new one every week. If you're a leader with your ego in check, if you know what it means to be an open-minded partner, if you aren't afraid to get into the weeds to learn the Harbor Freight way and join our history making enterprise, then we'd love to talk to you.
- Architects and designs the company's VMware environments
- Enterprise design principles and best practice for implementing VMware virtualization farms
- Advises/Architects integration with Storage Team offerings (NetApp)
- Supports overall health and capacity management of environment
- Performs capacity planning for VM environment
- Interfaces with Systems, Network and Storage team to coordinate and schedule new implementations or maintenance initiatives
- Produces detailed documentation including data flow diagrams, logical diagrams, and physical diagrams as required.
- Works with the Security team to ensure proper security controls are built into and maintained for VMware environment.
- Manage Enterprise Virtualization Configuration Management Solution
- Maintain virtualization environments overall compliance
- Analyze and identify all virtualization teams' manual tasks, procedures and duties and automate these tasks to improve efficiency and minimize discrepancies
- Configures monitoring thresholds, alarms and alerts