Zep Inc. (NYSE: ZEP) is a leading provider of specialty chemical products to a wide variety of industrial, institutional, and retail customers. Zep Inc. has a solid presence throughout America and in the international marketplace, reaching into every major city in the United States, Canada and Western Europe. We are currently seeking a dynamic Account Representative covering the state of Alabama. As an Account Representative with the Zep Food Division, you will have the ability to sell a wide array of products with Excellent Brand Awareness, Strong Brand Identity, and products that offer differentiated Superior Solutions to the Food Processing and Food Retail segments. You will be expected to complete the necessary industry training that will allow you to earn the designation, Food Safety Consultant within a twelve month period. This position will work from home.
Essential Job Functions & Accountabilities:
The primary function of this role is to understand customer needs related to hygiene and sanitation practices so you will be positioned to develop and sell enduring Food Safety solutions to address the plant needs. A Food Safety Consultant will work with food plant personnel at all levels, including Complex Managers, Quality Control personnel and Sanitation workers to help solve any cleaning or microbial contamination issues. The successful candidate will have experience in a food plant environment and possess the capability to conduct in-plant audits to identify sources of microbial contamination. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Travel to food processing facilities throughout an assigned area. to sell, service and train our customers on food plant sanitation practices
- Proactively develop new food accounts/national accounts and build long-lasting business relationships in the assigned area.
- Conduct surveys and prepare written recommendations for customer consideration
- Prepare service and cost control reports for every on-site customer visit.
- Develop sanitation procedure and sanitation training manuals
- Prove our product effectiveness through hands-on demonstration, training our customers on effective use of our dispensing systems, complete all related reporting tools and supply value added services needed to win business.
- Instruct and train customer employees on sanitation programs, microbiology, and food safety related practices.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus Opportunity with Unlimited Earning Opportunity
- Vehicle allowance and expense reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits within 30 days of hire
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
Zep Inc. is an organization that is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages all interested candidates, including women, minorities, & former military personnel to apply.
It is the policy of Zep Inc. that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.