The Program Director supervises the daily operations of an opiate treatment program to include the direct supervision of the treatment center’s team members and, by extension, each treatment center’s performance in the following key areas: operations, staffing, training, compliance, and customer service. These responsibilities include scheduling and direct supervision of the team members, team member training and professional development, the supervision of the delivery of treatment services, evaluation of the assigned patient’s progress in treatment, implementation of company policies and procedures, and adherence to state, federal and accrediting agency regulatory requirements. The Program Director will perform duties within the scope of their license or certification which are an addendum to this job description.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
The key responsibilities of the Program Director include:
- Responsible for the leadership/interpersonal skill development and mentoring of team members who report directly to the Program Director
- Responsible for the achievement of assigned treatment center’s specific annual goals and objectives
- Implementation and enforcement of the agency’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
Execution and supervision of assigned training programs in the following areas:
- Regulatory Requirements
- Company Policy & Procedure
- Customer Service
Execution and supervision of monthly, quarterly, and annual training programs to include the training of various team members as well as training key leaders (e.g., Counselor Supervisor, Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Practitioner, Medical Director, and Office Manager) on the skills and knowledge necessary for them to train their team
Coordination of training and audit efforts by internal and external functional area experts and teams
Serve as the moderator of weekly team meetings, treatment team meetings and team member crisis intervention meetings (i.e., behavioral problems, high risk patients, suicide, incarceration, emergency treatment center leave, etc.)
Serve as Corporate Compliance Officer for the treatment center
Responsible for ensuring efficient operations throughout the treatment center across functional areas including, but not limited to the following:
Patient qualification and admission efforts
Medication preparation & delivery
Patient processing (queuing, payment, medicating, counseling, etc.)
- Patient chart preparation and monitoring
- Use of community resources to improve and expand services to the persons served
- Resolution of any patient complaints or grievances
Responsible for maintenance of the treatment center and related infrastructure to ensure it is maintained at a high standard of quality in both form and function
Responsible for the resolution of urgent and emergent issues regarding the treatment center before, during and after regular office hours
Responsible for proactively monitoring and addressing treatment program performance issues by:
- Maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly treatment center reports
- Timely submission of treatment center’s daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
Responsible for managing treatment center revenue collections to achieve target collection rates and for managing expenditures in accordance with budgeted allowances.
Responsible for monitoring schedule adherence to ensure adequate coverage and minimize unnecessary overtime.
Meet BHG attendance standards and be present and ready for work at the beginning of their established work schedule.
Responsible for reporting any work-related injury or illness, or workplace hazards or security issues immediately to Chief Operating Officer, Regional Director, or Human Resources Department as applicable and ensure documentation is completed in a timely manner.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Team Member Qualification: the Program Director is responsible for ensuring team members are qualified by appropriate education, credentials, and training.
Continuing Education/Credentialing: the Program Director is responsible for ensuring all assigned team members maintain their licensure/certification as required by the state, federal, and licensing authorities.
Responsible for maintaining an adequate mix of team members necessary to provide best in class patient care
The Program Director, through coordination with the Regional Director, must develop and effectively execute team member coverage contingency plans for unforeseen emergency situations.
The Program Director must proactively manage team member recruitment and placement efforts to ensure adequate coverage in accordance with regulatory requirements at all times.
- Morale: the Program Director is responsible for monitoring team member morale and addressing staffing needs related thereto.
- Responsible for resolution of any team member grievances
- Management Team Performance: the Program Director is responsible for the performance monitoring and evaluation of key leaders under his/her supervision.
Hiring & Termination:
- The Program Director is responsible for coordinating all hiring and termination of team members assigned to his/her treatment center with the Human Resources Department
- The Program Director is responsible for ensuring that all hiring and termination efforts comply with all corporate, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all unemployment claims are forwarded to Human Resources Department immediately upon receipt
- Participates in unemployment hearings as requested
Timekeeping & Payroll:
Responsible for managing and ensuring accuracy of time off requests, timekeeping and timecard approval for management team and/or treatment center staff as applicable
Ensure that all documents relating to garnishments or wage withholdings are handled confidentially and forwarded to Human Resources Department in an expeditious manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the treatment center and its assigned team members comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory agency requirement
- Responsible for ensuring the treatment center and its assigned team members comply with all accrediting agencies
- Responsible for ensuring all team members are familiar with and can effectively communicate all current regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a positive working relationship with all key regulatory decision-makers and persons of influence within their local community and state
- As required, responsible for formulating, supervising, and executing all formal communications and coordination efforts with key regulatory decision-makers and persons of influence within the region
- Responsible for proactively monitoring and informing the Regional Director and key leaders of all regulatory changes as they occur within their assigned region
- Responsible for ensuring all team members are trained and well-versed in the Company’s P&P manual as it relates to compliance
- Responsible for ensuring all team members are trained and well-versed in the treatment center’s assigned accrediting agency’s accreditation and reporting requirements
- Responsible for monitoring treatment program and team member compliance through testing, periodic internal audits, formal and informal surveys, and by coordinating company internal audit team and third-party audit efforts
- Responsible for ensuring the treatment center and team members are prepared for and meet the annual accrediting reporting requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that the treatment center and assigned team members are prepared for federal, DEA, state, and accrediting agency inspections at all times
- Responsible for driving Quality Improvement (QI) initiatives at the treatment center level and for moderating monthly QI meetings
- Assist in the monitoring of all urine drug screens of all treatment center team members at least once per year or more often as required by the state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for receiving all legal documents related to the treatment center and informing appropriate corporate management
Marketing and Outreach
- Serve as community liaison
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of all marketing and outreach plans to be executed within the treatment center’s assigned region
- Periodically responsible for the development and submission of outreach activities to be executed within the region
- Responsible for ensuring a robust and active referral network (i.e., incoming and outgoing patient support and assistance agencies) is developed and maintained