Delicato Family Vineyards (DFV Wines) has an immediate opportunity for a driven, self-motivated Bottling Manager for our Napa bottling facility with the capacity to produce approximately 2,000-4,000 cases per day.
DFV Wines is a family-owned California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. DFV Wines is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the DFV Wines portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, HandCraft Artisan Collection, La Merika, First Press, Bota Box, Massimo, Irony, Domino and Twisted.
The Bottling Manager will oversee, manage, and direct Napa bottling operations to ensure they attain or exceed established quality standards, productivity goals, budget and unit cost objectives, new product development support, and implementation timelines. Ensures production schedules are met, inventories are managed and maximum wine and packaging quality standards are achieved. Works closely with management staff and other departments to develop and implement efficient and cost effective systems centered on employee safety, clear communication, streamlined processes and effective job execution. Oversees, directs, and manages the bottling operations supervisors ensuring all areas are functioning efficiently, cost effectively and at maximum potential.
• Manages and directs bottling and assigned staff to meet or exceed established cost, quality, and productivity standards.
• Develops, implements, and maintains performance and quality measurement and feedback tools
• Manages departmental business planning, budgeting, training, quality improvement, continuous improvement, and spending control processes.
• Ensures the operability of assigned equipment and machinery.
• Develops, implements, bottling operations with environmental, health, and safety regulations.
• Acts as an expert resource for the Napa bottling operations elsewhere in Delicato.
• Participates in new product development initiatives as needed.
• Acts as the ISO9001: 2008 Napa operations department representative responsible for ensuring all bottling documentation is current and all employees trained and adherence obtained.
• Acts as the HACCP team member responsible for team training, understanding, and adherence
• Understands, implements and enforces current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
• Manages and increases line capacity and associated efficiencies with continuous improvement initiatives.
• Active participation and team leadership in Delicato Operational Excellence (DOE).
• Ensures the integrity of Delicato’s databases as it pertains to Napa bottling operations.
• Ensures a high level of quality for all bottled finished cased goods.
• Coordinates with accounting and compliance departments to ensure that the bottling staff performs and records case goods inventory counts and transfers in accordance with TTB and Delicato guidelines.
• Coordinates PM and related maintenance activities with Manteca to ensure consistency and appropriate technical support and oversight.
• Participates as appropriate in Napa bottling related capital project development and management.