AMERICAN MERCY HOME CARE
MANAGER OF CLINICAL SERVICES
•**Must be a Registered Nurse with home care and management experience***
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible spending accounts
Short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
Free onsite parking and GE credit union
Employee recognition and referral programs
Consolidated Health Services is committed to protecting the safety, health and well-being of associates and others in our organization by providing a tobacco-free workplace in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations
American-Mercy Home Care is committed to providing exceptional health care services in the home. In 2007, a joint venture of Mercy Health Partners and American Nursing Care created American-Mercy Home Care, one of the largest, most experienced home care companies in the state of Ohio. American-Mercy Home Care supports our system hospitals: Bethesda North, Good Samaritan, Mercy Western Hills, Mercy Mt. Airy, Mercy Fairfield, Mercy Anderson, and Mercy Clermont as well as other Cincinnati hospitals, extended care facilities and physician offices. As a joint venture, American-Mercy Home Care is part of the Mercy Circle of Caring, and the TriHealth family of providers in the Greater Cincinnati area. American-Mercy Home Care provides services in Hamilton, Butler, Warren, Clermont and parts of Brown counties. American-Mercy Home Care is accredited by The Joint Commission.
We are driven by our mission statement, “Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our customers, associates, and shareholders in the delivery of health care and support services in a way that a caring family provides”. In addition, we are guided by our values of “Accountability, Compassion, Diversity, Integrity, Passion and Quality”. Our People First philosophy supports our staff in delivering quality, compassionate care that makes a difference to all our clients and their families. One of our strategic pillars is to ensure our associates are treated respectfully, and to continually look for ways to partner with our associates in a positive work environment to achieve our goals.
Our associates are our number one asset; we have many associates who have been with us for 5, 10, 20 years and more. We look for associates with a positive, enthusiastic outlook who are committed to providing only the best to our clients, their families, and our communities. Join us, as we Exceed Expectations!
American-Mercy Home Care is part of Catholic Health Initiatives. Catholic Health Initiatives is the nation’s third largest Catholic Health system serving 18 states.
The Manager, Clinical Services is responsible for the coordination, continuity and quality of clinical care following a physician’s approved plan of treatment. The Manager, Clinical Services facilitates the completion of documentation to comply with regulatory, operational and financial requirements. The Manager, Clinical Services acts as a clinical resource to internal and external customers.
NATURE AND SCOPE
1. Supports Consolidated Health Service’s and Catholic Health Initiatives National Home Care’s mission, values, strategic goals and high standards of customer service. Consistently lives People First behaviors.
2. Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Program, including confidentiality HIPAA protected health information.
3. All other duties as assigned.
4. Responsible for front line direction of accurate, complete, and timely provision of quality client care and services in compliance with regulatory, operational, and financial requirements.
5. Responsible for assuring that clinical documentation meets accepted standards of care, regulatory, operational, and financial requirements.
6. Facilitates coordination of care through case conferences and other activities to ensure interdisciplinary care is occurring.
7. Acts as a resource for external customers, including but not limited to, physicians, referral sources and discharge planners/social workers.
8. Facilitates the resolution of client clinical issues.
9. Provides clinical expertise for internal customers.
10. Completes required branch and/or company reports as required.
11. Conducts documentation reviews and random chart audits as directed by the Director, Clinical Services.
12. Assists with the development of office and field processes and action plans developed as a result of clinical measurements.
13. Assists in identifying clinical training needs.
14. Performs client visits, client supervisory visits and shared visits with staff as needed and/or as directed by management.
15. Participates in office functions including intake, payer verification, scheduling, payroll, billing resolution, and laptop support as needed and/or directed by management.
16. Participates in designated field or management on-call rotation.
17. Acts as back-up to Director, Clinical Services as directed by Director, Operations.
18. Assists with driving achievement of organizational goals.
19. Manages performance as appropriate by creating an “expectation of excellence”. Sets performance goals, monitors results. Establishes/manages productivity system for staff and ensures the organization maximizes the clinical value of associates. Creates opportunities for continuous improvement of staff performance, development, and morale through fair and accurate performance evaluations on time per organizational policy, daily coaching and mentoring to increase organizational performance. Accurately differentiates levels of performance for rewards. Actively addresses insufficient performance by taking appropriate corrective action as needed.
20. Functions as a role model and assists in the achievement of organizational goals and objectives by encouraging and facilitating cross-departmental initiatives and cooperation.
21. Ensures departmental completion and compliance with organizational quality improvement initiatives and objectives. Works in close collaboration with other departments to improve and enhance the patient experience and improve outcomes.
22. Recruits and retains the best possible associates. Ensures adequate staffing is maintained. Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
23. Provides motivation and retention of a qualified staff, assuring the quality of services delivered, and aiding organizational financial success. Responsible to aid in the retention of qualified staff to meet or exceed the turnover goal. Provides fair and equitable treatment of all associates. Creates a work environment which is characterized by mutual trust and respect. Educates and trains associates to support their personal career goals and the organization’s mission and strategies. Maintains a high level of staff morale as evidence by team spirit, a sense of belonging, and adequate recognition of accomplishments.
24. Displays acceptance and support of management decisions.
25. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence. In-service requirements within the review year, meets AHIMA continuing education requirements.
26. Demonstrates effective time management by completing commitments within negotiated time frames.
27. Contributes to the efficient operation of the department.
28. Implements and maintains administrative practices, organizational philosophy, goals and policies which ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Ensures consistent administration of, and staff compliance with, all organizational and departmental policies and procedures. Assists in establishment and implementation of both individual and departmental goals and objectives.
1. Current RN license (BSN preferred) in good standing to practice in the state(s) required.
2. Excellent clinical skills.
3. Two years home care nursing experience required.
4. One year of hospital nursing experience preferred.
5. Thorough knowledge and understanding of home care regulatory requirements.
6. Certified in ICD-9 coding and OASIS, or willing to obtain both certifications within the first two years of employment.
7. Good computer skills, familiar with multiple software programs including Windows-based programs.
Basis of Rating
We have a tremendous responsibility to the people we serve. We strive to hire individuals who share our values and who are driven to make a difference. Applicants whose experience, skills and qualifications match our "Hire the Best" criteria will be invited to interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All of our personnel actions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers and company sponsored training will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or other protected status as provided by law.
Thank you for your interest in employment with our organization. We appreciate your time and look forward to reviewing your application.
How to Apply
Please click the ‘APPLY NOW’ button to apply for this position.
Please Note: When uploading a resume, please attach only a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.