The Inventory Control Manager - Stores, is responsible for ensuring execution of the daily operations of the inventory control process across all stores within Harbor Freight Tools. This position plans, coordinates and manages inventory store counts, reports, monitors and analyzes store inventory adjustments and changes, including root cause analysis support. Work closely with Store Operations, Loss Prevention, Inventory Planning & Allocation, IT and Inventory accountings teams in managing store inventory accuracy.
Harbor Freight Tools is different. We're not your typical retailer. We're actually a retailer and branded tool producer rolled into one. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. We're allergic to bureaucracy, extra layers of management and politics. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 35 year-old, $2.5 billion company - on pace to $7.5 billion in the next few years - with the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up. We have over 450 stores nationwide and are opening a new one every week. If you're a leader with your ego in check, if you know what it means to be an open-minded partner, if you aren't afraid to get into the weeds to learn the Harbor Freight way and join our history making enterprise, then we'd love to talk to you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop inventory strategies to implement the inventory control process to safeguard against inventory shrinkage and overall accuracy of store inventory
- Plan and coordinate Physical Inventory Counts at stores working in collaboration with 3rd party service providers and internal Harbor Freight Tools resources
- Analyze results of physical inventory counts and report to company management in timely manner
- Perform data analysis on inventory transactions to understand trends, shrink, and adjustments and provide information to various impacted departments and assist in maintaining optimal levels of inventory
- Performs inventory transaction error root cause analysis and propose corrective action
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place to monitor inventory / shrink trends identifying opportunities and implementing the necessary changes(s) in a continuous effort to increase inventory accuracy and reduce shrink
- Interact efficiently and effectively with stores or other departments as needed to resolve inventory discrepancies in a timely manner
- Assist financial reporting with store inventory and monthly reconciliations necessary to match the book inventory to the perpetual inventory records
- Ensure that the Store Operations team is provided with accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting and key performance indicators and additional assistance as needed
- Recommend process, policy and procedure changes to company management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibility - TBD
- Decision Making and Confidential Information - Sound Decision
- Travel - 15 to 25%
- Equipment Used - computer, printer, copier, fax