Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
Installation - Maint - Repair
Protective’s Asset Protection Division offers its products and services through automobile, marine, RV and power sports dealers. Through these business partners, the Asset Protection Division offers consumers protection against unwanted losses they may experience after purchasing and financing major consumer assets such as automobiles, boats and recreational vehicles. Our products and services are superior and we need superior people to join our team!
The claims adjuster will provide exemplary customer service through authorization of vehicle contract claims for customers and dealers and to review and complete paperwork for claims filed.
-Authorize a minimum of 20 - 28 claims per day based upon approved dollar limit authority and answer a minimum of 40 - 50 calls per day.
-Perform one (1) inspection per 45 phone authorization or 2 per week.
-Answer phone inquiries and calmly provided information about claim processing and explain the different levels of contract coverage and terms.
- Process and complete all paperwork according to established procedures.
-Other Job Duties as assigned.
- Interact with contract holders, agents and dealers, with claims adjusters within their unit, other adjusters within the claims adjudication unit, and other departments within company when required.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with contract holders, agents, dealers and internal customers.
- Must have the ability to work independently when necessary
- Make decisions based on the contract language for each series that is in force.
- Must be able to use good judgment and provided the contract benefits that apply on all claims.
- Minimum high school graduate preferred
- Two year minimum mechanical experience at a dealership or independent shop OR 2 year vocation training in auto mechanics
We also offer a competitive benefits package that includes Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), a Pension plan, paid time off and holidays, life insurance, short-term/long-term disability, and a Flexible Spending Account.