Job Requisition ID:
RETAIL TEAM LEADER
General or Retail Store Manager
To assist the store/general manager in the management and operation of a Goodwill retail store, including customer service, recordkeeping, staffing, facility operation, communications, merchandising, and marketing inventory control.
Please be aware that as a member of Goodwill of Greater Washington’s Retail Staff, and a condition of employment, you will be required to work a flexible schedule. In support of store opening, production and closing operations, this schedule will include work on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the store/general manager with the overall operation of the retail sotre.
- Assist the store manager in compliance and enforcement of company policies and standards.
- Assists the store manager in performing the daily administrative/clerical functions of store operations and cash transactions.
- Monitors sales transactions associated with purchases and ensures proper sales procedures are followed by all store associates.
- Assist in the supervision and training of employees.
- Maintains the general appearance of the store and premises according to agency standards.
- Aids in and ensures the enforcement of store safety and security procedures.
- Aids in settling customer complaints.
- Make bank deposits as needed.
- Open and/or close the store as necessary.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cashier experience.
- Ability to perform basic reading and math skills at or above an 11th grade skill level.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a back ground and drug test.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
Please ensure that your resume and/or application reflects a history consistent with the duties and requirements desired for this position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.