Are you looking for more one-on-one care? Are you looking for flexible hours?
Hospice Care of South Carolina is the place for you!
We are GROWING and adding to our nursing team in BEAUFORT COUNTY! We are seeking a compassionate CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) to care for patients living with an incurable disease in their homes and nursing homes. If you have a "HOSPICE HEART", then this job is for you. Come and join our team today!
**MUST have a current CNA license in SC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competently performs all basic home health aide skills as listed on the “New Employee and Annual Hospice Aide Skills List".
- Conducts patient visits as scheduled by Plan of Care and communicates appropriate patient information to the Patient Care Coordinator or Registered Nurse.
- Assists the patient with personal care which may include bathing, oral hygiene, hair care, routine skin care, catheter care, feeding, dressing, grooming, transfers from bed to chair, bedside commode, wheelchair, and helping with ambulation.
- Assists with patient/family incidental household tasks essential to the patient’s health needs, such as light housekeeping, making and changing beds, dusting and vacuuming patient’s room, dish washing, tidying kitchen, bathroom and bedroom, delivering needed supplies and caregiver respite.
- Assists the patient/family with plans and preparation of nutritious meals and assists with occasional household chores when necessary.
- Assists the family in maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
- Encourages the patient to become as independent as possible and resume activities of daily living according to the patient’s abilities and conditions.
- Offers simple emotional and psychological support to the patient/family unit; encourages patient mental alertness through his/her activities of interest.
- Routinely collaborates with/reports to the IDG team any change in the patient’s mental or physical condition, or home situation.
- Routinely inquires, documents, and reports pain.
- Coordinates with the primary nurse or designee to accomplish the required supervisory visits.
- Participates in various learning models and in-services to enrich personal and professional growth, and to maintain the required 12 hours of in-service education per calendar year.
- Maintains complete, accurate and up-to-date HA documentation and submits documentation per HCSC policy requirements.
- May be assigned for crisis care to a specific patient under the direction of the Patient Care Coordinator.
- Identifies safety hazards and reports to Patient Care Coordinator. Initiates action as directed.
- Attends Interdisciplinary Group meetings, staff meetings, and committee meetings as assigned.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Patient Care Coordinator.
Please apply by calling 843-782-3900, fax resume to 888-871-3076, or apply online at www.hospicecare.net.