ABOUT FAMILY PET HOSPITAL
Are you looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding career working with people in a brand new rapidly growing full service, state-of –the-art pet hospital? Family Pet Hospital is looking for exceptional people (Veterinary Technicians and Assistants) who are excited to contribute to the well-being of our pets and are passionate about preventative care.
Family Pet Hospital’s mission is to provide absolute preventative and quality medical care for pets at an affordable cost with exceptional client service in an efficient way. We are open six days/week, including weekends. To reduce the barriers of access to pet care, we take walk ins and emergencies throughout the day and we offer “Well Pet Plans”.
You will have a great opportunity to learn and grow in your career. We believe in training, educating and delegating. We also believe in cross-training our associates to be comfortable and efficient at both the front desk and in the treatment/surgery/exam rooms. We will be looking for communication, marketing, leadership and management skills.
The following services will be offered at this state-of-the-art, paperless, completely computerized hospital:
- Preventive pet care
- Puppy & kitten health care
- Well Pet Plans
- Senior pet care
- Anesthesia/surgical services
- Spaying & neutering
- Internal medicine
- Treatment and management of chronic diseases
- Oral & dental health care
- In-house & commercial lab services
- Fully stocked Pharmacy
- Digital x-ray
- Digital dental x-rays
- Ultrasound (cardiac, abdominal, pregnancy)
- Pain management
- Nutritional consult
- Behavioral consult
- Micro chipping
- Genetic breed testing
We are looking for a personable, yet highly professional, service extraordinaire to join us in delivering our mission to our clients and their pets. The best suited candidate would have following skills: a can-do attitude, multitasking ability, excellent communication skills, organizational ability, problem solving skills, client service skills, intellectual ability, flexibility and the ability to handle stress.
GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to be confident around pets (dogs, cats, birds, pocket pets, etc.)
• This position demands special hours including working weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Needs sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while at the hospital.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 lb.
- Staff is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and, on occasion, is exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
VT Assistant / VT Technician
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION FOR VET TECH/ASSTT
In this position, you will utilize your superior technician and client service skills to their fullest by delivering the highest quality preventative and medical pet care. The Vet Tech/Asstt will help the veterinarians perform following chores (but not limited to):
- Prepare the exam rooms/treatment area with necessary medical items and supplies.
- Providing client education regarding preventive care, and helping Veterinarian in treatment and surgeries.
- Holding or restraining pets during physical exam, treatment, or vaccination.
- Bathing and dipping pets when necessary to treat pets with skin diseases.
- Running in‐house laboratory tests (state-of-art in-house lab), and helping to take digital x-ray and dental prophys.
- Monitoring hospitalized pets by ensuring their comfort by walking and feeding the pet, and clean the cages and pet.
- Cleaning the surgical suite and instruments and sterilizing/autoclaving surgical equipments.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the hospital, including, but not limited to housekeeping such as: laundry, mopping, cage cleaning, trash collection and removal according to the hospital policies.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, TRAINING
- Applicant’s skill in following areas would be a plus: blood drawing, catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia, surgery, dentistry, pharmacy and nursing care.
- Must be at least 18 years old to perform duties involving x‐ray and exposure to radioactive\substances.
- High School Diploma preferred, associate/college diplomas would be a plus.
- Experience of working with pets in clinical setting is preferred, but not required.
- For CVT, LVT or equivalent with or without experience as a Veterinary Technician would be an added advantage.
Compensation/benefits: commensurate with education, training and experience.