Real Estate - Property Mgt
Accounting - Finance
4 Year Degree
At least 1 year(s)
We are looking for calculated risk takers who want to be part of this kind of environment. Today, we need people that can quickly change their direction, make wise and educated decisions but are not afraid to jump. We want those that bring experience and those that want an experience.
We have a challenging and rewarding position of Portfolio Accountant in our Corporate Office in South Bend/Mishawaka, IN to assist with the overall business goals and objectives of the organization and properties.
The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s or Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in accounting and/or financial systems. Must possess strong computer and organization skills along with the ability to adapt to a fast paced environment. YARDI experience a plus.
You must be competent and proven in the following areas:
- Fiscal year end activities of properties and corporate entities including: assisting in the year end cycle, external auditor preparation, return to owner computations and review year end reporting to external agencies in accordance with prescribed deadlines.
- Property accounts payable invoice batches versus budget.
- Processing bi-weekly property accounts payable check runs.
- Paying monthly mortgages for assigned properties.
- Preparing quarterly draws for replacement reserve expenditures to the various escrow agents.
- Assisting the property tax consultant with various tax appeals.
Sterling offers competitive wages and benefits including medical, vision, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more.
Pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Sterling Management Ltd.: The RIGHT Company, the RIGHT Choice, RIGHT Now.
keywords: portfolio accountant, accounts payable, accounting, mortgages, yardi