Propulsion / Mechanical Systems Engineer (Intermediate & Senior)
Provide engineering for the design, installation and support of new and modified powerplant and mechanical systems. Assist in preparing certification reports. Provide technical support for Customer Service, Production, Purchasing and Legal departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Produce installation layouts, component designs, solid models, drawings, engineering orders (EOs) and specifications to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification and Company standards.
• Prepare engineering data for FAA certification such as specifications, test plans, substantiation reports, sealed drawing lists.
• Select vendors and coordinate the purchase of components that meet specifications and design intent.
• Supervise and lead contractors, design engineers, drafters, and production staff.
• Review and validate installations and components through simulation, analysis, and test data interpretation.
• Support production and customer support in the troubleshooting of assembly and operational problems.
• Locate, retrieve, and deliver parts for testing.
• BaaN data entry.
• Provide technical support for Legal, Marketing and Sales, and Customer Service departments.
• Perform other related duties as required.
May be required to supervise, train and assist other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SAFETY AND POLICY PRACTICES:
The employee in this job must be knowledgeable in regard to the safety policies and procedures of the Company as described in the Company safety manual. The employee must adhere to all said policies and procedures while supporting the goals and objectives of the organization and recognize the Company’s need to achieve its business objective. Employee is responsible for complying with Company hazardous waste disposal procedures.