VNA & HOSPICE OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Position: HOME HEALTH ADMISSIONS RN
Location: SAN BERNARDINO/CLAREMONT
- A minimum of one year nursing experience prior to employment in a professional care setting.
- Current Registered Nursing license in the State of California
- Must have at all times a satisfactory DMV driving record per VNA insurance company criteria.
- Current CA drivers license.
- Current CA auto liability insurance.
- CPR required.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., to ensure patient safety in the home.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS:
l. Demonstrate knowledge and principles of accepted professional nursing care; able to
apply skills in the home environment.
2. Communicate effectively with clients, physicians, co-workers, supervisor and the
public; understand proper channels of communication with the agency.
3. Responsible to complete all documentation timely and within agency policies; including computerized patient charts, Daily Visit Records, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to develop, implement, evaluate and revise client Plan of Care.
- Use time effectively and proportionately so that responsibilities are completed within designated timeframe(s) as evidenced by, but not limited to:
- Perform patient care within designated timeframes
- Manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Completes the Home Health admission process, including all required forms and documentation within the electronic record. Provides the Case Manager all information to ensure continuity of care.
- Establish priorities, consider organization of day, optimal work-flow and utilization of time management principles.
- Rearrange priorities as necessary to adapt to changing situations and to meet essential patient care duties.
- Notify scheduler when unable to complete visits within the shift or of cancellations and availability to handle additional patients.
- Comply with agency policy regarding productivity.
7. Information Technology Responsibilities:
- Integrate care delivery with real-time computer documentation, i.e., document in the patient’s home.
- File transfers to be sent frequently during the shift; minimum of twice daily; at start and end of shift.
- Use email and voicemail to communicate effectively and timely; check emails and voice messages regularly throughout the shift.
- Demonstrate point of care competency.
- Responsible for properly working technical equipment; i.e., laptop, blackberry, etc. ensuring HIPAA while using equipment, safe keeping of all agency equipment.
8. Demonstrate ability to perform admission nurse responsibilities including:
- Complete SOC’s, recertifications, readmissions, resumptions and discharges for all payors.
- Obtain doctors orders for start of care, resumption of care, recertification, discharge and any other change in condition to coordinate plan of care. Update information and facilitate physician intervention as appropriate and required.
- Identify questionable orders and initiate appropriate action.
- Reconcile medications every visit and notify physician of any adverse interactions or issues.
- Upon completion of Plan of Care, determine priorities and implement nursing action in accordance with identified priorities, and established policies/procedures/protocols.
- Obtain initial and subsequent authorizations of POC from payor as needed.
- Coordinate patient care with all disciplines and clinicians to ensure continuity of patient care; through discussion, case conference, documentation, etc.
- Conduct supervision of Home Health Aides every 14 days as needed to ensure proper patient care.
- Ensure cost containment through the proper usage of supplies and equipment.
- Discuss starts of care, recerts and discharges with clinical managers.
9. Participate in Team Conference, Staff Meetings and Inservices.
10. Responsible for satisfactory patient outcomes; measured by:
- Accurate and timely completion of OASIS documentation.
- Patient outcomes should meet or exceed state and regulatory standards.
11. Comply with Performance Improvement program.
12. Maintains patient/family confidentiality as per HIPAA regulations.
13. Identify need for intra-agency referrals as well as interagency referrals.
14. Demonstrate a positive, flexible, customer service attitude and contribute to positive changes within the agency through active support of clinical changes and technical advances, etc.
15. Adhere to Agency policies and procedures, including attendance.
16. Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
17. Actively participate in educational activities/self-development to enhance professional growth.
If you need assistance in applying for a position with the VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California, please contact the Human Resources department (909)447-7280.