Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnord.com.
The Business Unit
Rexnord Aerospace is a growing and profitable company supplying engineered high performance bearings and mechanical seals to the commercial air transport, regional aircraft, business aircraft, helicopter and military aircraft markets for use in engine systems, flight control systems, airframe structures and landing gear systems. Our aerospace bearing and seal products consist of rolling element airframe bearings and bearing tooling sold under the Shafer® and Tri-Roller® brand names, Teflon lined polymeric bearings sold under the Tuflite® brand name, slotted entry, split ball and split race bearings sold under the PSI® brand name, self-lubricating machinable lined bearings and coatings sold under the Rexlon® brand name and mechanical seals sold under the Cartriseal® brand name. Our global customer base includes all major engine and airframe OEM’s, as well as major Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers to the engine and airframe OEM’s and through our FAA approved repair station we support major MRO and aircraft operators with repair and overhaul capabilities
Supervise and coordinate all Quality Control (Inspection), Calibration (Metrology) and Quality Assurance activities at PSI Bearings. Provide daily support to Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing and Contracts in Quality related issues, drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the manufacturing & inspection processes both at PSI Bearings and at our suppliers.
• Effectively supervise and direct all Quality Control (Inspection), Calibration and Quality Assurance activities on a daily basis; establish clear performance expectations for all Quality Department associates and their accountability.
• Strong understanding of AS9100 and ISO 10012 (ANSI/NCSL Z540-1) and the ability to apply all specified requirements in a cost-effective approach.
• Coordinate and participate in all Quality Management System audits (internal, customer and registration) and Product Quality audits (customer) conducted at PSI Bearings.
• Collect, compile and analyze all available measurement data (using the appropriate six sigma methods and techniques) to determine both the actual root causes of identified problems and required corrective (preventive) actions to prevent recurrence; respond to all customer requests for corrective action (CAR) in a timely and effective manner.
• Affect Internal PPM (scrap) reduction, external PPM (customer rejection) reduction and OTD improvements both internally and at our supplier’s (both machining and special processing); compile and maintain PPM measurement data for management review.
• Knowledge of dimensional inspection measurement systems and their application for the inspection of complex products – full understanding of ASME Y14.5 (GD&T).
• Ability to complete full PPAP packages and facilitate the completion of FMEA’s and Control Plans cross functionally.