This is a MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role. This is a production DBA role, as such it will require a commitment on your part as well as ours. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This MS SQL Server DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
During your interview you will be asked to discuss a project or particular piece of technology that excites you. We will ask you questions on that project or piece of technology in order to get a better understanding of the depth of your knowledge.
This role requires good communication skills. If you have a blog then please pass along the URL so we can review your work. If you do not actively blog that is fine, but you should be prepared to show us an example of something you have written previously if we should happen to ask.
We are looking for a person that has:
• Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
• Good communication and documentation skills.