Would you like to make a career of helping other people start theirs?
American Career College (ACC) has been helping people succeed for over 30 years, and we are currently recruiting an Instructor, Surgical Technology (ST) for our Los Angeles Campus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a service oriented individual to help our students begin their journey toward their new careers.
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Program Director delivers class and/or clinical instructions according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and in-service training sessions. Participates in school activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings.
- Must be Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) eligible
- Must have graduated from an accredited Surgical Technology program
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of operating room experience.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience in the subject areas taught or demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program.
- Current Driver’s License and CPR Card required
- Must be knowledgeable in course content and effective in directing/evaluating student learning and laboratory performance
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software
This is a substitute position.
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education and exciting career. Your other rewards will include great co-workers, a working environment that promotes learning excellence, and a competitive compensation.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental, and vision plans
Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
Fully vested 401(k) Plan with employer match after 90 days of employment
Flexible and Dependant Spending Accounts
Long/short term disability
Company Paid Life Insurance and more...
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.