Design EngineerEngineering July 25 West Bend, WI
Under the direction of an Engineering Managers performs entry level product design and development tasks as assigns to support efforts in the development of new product and/or improve existing product and applications.
- Responsibilities may include structural, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, and/or control system design
- Perform basic conceptual design to support the activities leading to the creation of new or improvements to existing products or product applications.
- Prepare basic design, analysis, test requirements, performance, schedule, and cost information as required in assigned area of responsibility for existing or new products.
- Optimize component/product designs for performance, cost, standardization, and manufacturability.
- Work “hands-on" with manufacturing to resolve any problems encountered in the fabrication and construction of experimental or production machines.
- Contribute to the cost improvement program by meeting or exceeding the annual goal.
- Identify opportunities to eliminate expenses that do not add value to the process or product, and within the scope of authority of the position, implement the reduction.
- Follow up on the testing of experimental machines, and reports those changes as necessary.
- Assist other departments in preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects
- Perform other related duties & projects as required.
- Physical activities include running of computers, potential assisting in the assembly, installation and operation of prototype and data acquisition equipment. Capability to be in a jobsite or production factory environment, heat, cold, wet, dry, etc. for periods of time is required.
- Travel both domestically and international may be required.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required. Mechanical, Agricultural or Civil Engineering. Two or more years of experience with hydraulic systems, electrical systems and/or the structural design of mobile machinery preferred.
- Basic knowledge of domestic and international standards and regulations a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous working experience with a 3-D CAD system.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, Access programming a plus.
With roots dating back to 1859, Manitou Americas (formerly known as Gehl Company) is a producer of light industrial, construction, and agriculture equipment. Headquartered in West Bend, Wisconsin, Manitou Americas maintains North American operations in Madison and Yankton, South Dakota, Waco, Texas and Belvidere, Illinois. While Manitou Americas has had a presence in international markets for over 50 years, it became a true global company in 2008 when it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Manitou, based in Ancenis, France.