Conestoga-Rovers & Associates (CRA) is a highly successful multi-disciplinary firm with over 90 offices located worldwide and more than 3,000 employees; we offer engineering design and construction services to oil & gas clients in the refining, petro-chemicals, and pipeline industries.
If you’re driven, fast track your future here.
Integrity, accountability, technical excellence and a commitment to superior client service are all part of our renowned world wide reputation. Put your skills and imagination to work with an innovative organization that will provide you with exciting challenges and exceptional rewards.
We are seeking an Instrument Engineer for our Houston, TX office to provide instrument engineering and design support for our Engineering department.
- Primary role is to fulfill the instrument engineering needs for a wide variety of industrial clients
- Provides design/analytical instrument engineering for projects and proposals to assure that design and equipment meets customer specifications and industry codes and standards
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary environment in determining the instrumentation controls and process analyzer requirements
- Will handle specification creation and modification, and oversee detailed design
- Travels to fabrication sites, installation sites, and customer facilities as needed to support project requirements
- Position requires flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines and support occasional business travel
- Work collaboratively with others in a team environment to accomplish objectives
- Develop detailed engineering packages to represent installation requirements for process control loops and instrumentation
- Verify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Provide leadership and oversight of design staff engaged on projects
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years industrial engineering and design experience in process plant instrumentation
- Seeking Registered PE in Texas and/or other states
- Strong working knowledge of P&ID’s, instrumentation design details, control loop preparation, location plans, control panel layout, etc.
- Applicant’s background should include familiarity with relevant codes and standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sense of urgency and good organizational skills are required to work with multiple projects and competing priorities
- Familiarity with pneumatic, electronic and analytical instrumentation used to measure and control flow, temperature, pressure, level and analytical properties of fluids
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and proven time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter, flexible, team player, willing & able to work on a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision in a multi discipline setting
- Opportunity to become a group discipline lead and direct staff in project execution
To learn more about why CRA is the perfect place to bring your career check out our website www.craworld.com
No phone calls please and no third party firms. This position does not offer visa sponsorship.
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ABOUT CONESTOGA-ROVERS & ASSOCIATES
Welcome to CRAworld, the website home of the CRA Family of Companies. We invite you to fully explore the features and content of our website. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us a line.
The CRA Family of Companies includes Conestoga-Rovers & Associates and several other entities working together seamlessly on projects around the world. The CRA Family consists of 3,000 people working in over 90 offices in Canada, the United States, Argentina, Brasil, Colombia, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Read more about the members of the CRA Family.