Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer
STL is seeking a Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer for a growing Managed Services Provider in Raleigh, NC.
Our client offers an outstanding career opportunity for an engineer with considerable experience implementing and supporting server, storage, and virtualization technologies utilizing VMware, Citrix, and\or Microsoft. The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer must also be a subject matter expert in the design and deployment of public and private cloud solutions.
The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer position provides the candidate the opportunity to enhance his/her skill set by working in a wide range of customer environments. As a part of our client’s Project Engineering team, the Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer role allows the engineer to participate in architecting the most appropriate cloud and data center solutions to address a variety of business needs.
- The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer will provide leadership in the design of Cloud and Virtualization Solutions.
- The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer will design and implement public and private cloud solutions including virtual servers and SANs.
- Design and implement on-premise virtualization solutions including servers and SANs is another task of the Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer.
- The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer will provide troubleshooting and technical support as necessary to insure technology solutions are properly optimized.
- The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer will maintain focus on continuing education as Cloud solutions evolve.
- The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer will have 4+ years experience implementing and supporting server and virtualization solutions.
- The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer will have extensive experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware and Citrix.
- Extensive experience leverage Cloud solutions from AWS, Rackspace, Microsoft, etc are also a requirement of the Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, Exchange, and SQL are a must for the Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer.
- The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer will have experience with server and SAN solutions from manufacturers such as IBM, EMC, and/or NetApp.
- Ability to analyze, research, and lead the trouble-shooting efforts of complex technical problems
- The Cloud Computing and Virtualization Engineer will have effective communication, interpersonal, organization, and leadership skills.
- Ability to positively contribute to a dynamic and exciting team environment.
- Pertinent experience and certifications from VMware, Citrix, and\or Microsoft
- Experience with Cisco UCS servers and Nexus platforms
- Experience with Cisco routing, switching, and/or firewall solutions
- Four year college degree, or commensurate educational background
The STL companies are a privately held entrepreneurial venture positioned to provide our clients and partners an incomparable range of business and technology services. Our business teams help clients to think bigger, innovate faster and pursue their goals with confidence. We invest in understanding the culture, business model, customer demographics and markets of our clients, enabling services and programs that feel accessible and natural.
By integrating people, process, and technology, clients can expect an unparalleled experience that provides leveraged strategic and tactical value. Whether your goals are to protect your business, move it forward, manage your competitors or everything between … when one plus one has to equal five STL is the solution.
Not Ready To Apply?