Senior Network/Systems Engineer
STL is seeking a Senior Engineer for a direct, full-time, benefited position with a growing Network Managed Services company in San Antonio, TX.
The Senior Engineer position exists to provide leadership to the delivery team. As such they must continually earn the trust and respect of the team. The Senior Engineer needs to enjoy teaching and mentoring more junior members of the team and to encourage and inspire them while doing so. Toward that end the Senior Engineer must make him/herself continually available, be eager to share their his/her knowledge, and be a good explainer. The Senior Engineer needs to adopt and maintain an “ownership attitude” toward the technology infrastructure of the company and of all of our customers to allow them to properly assume the role of a trusted advisor for our customers.
The Senior Engineer architects solutions for our customers. He/she leads complex technology projects. He/she must effectively communicate with customers, with our Sales Team, and with members of our Delivery Team to ensure proper understanding, selling, and implementing of technology solutions architected by the Senior Engineer. The Senior Engineer acts as the “go to guy/gal” for escalation of serious issues and problems. The Senior Engineer must have a thirst for continually seeking new knowledge and for sharing that knowledge.
- Other Duties as assigned by the company. Senior Engineers, like all of our employees, need to be engaged and enthusiastic about their job and take initiative as needed to ensure that their job is being performed as well as possible. Being “engaged” means that, like all of our employees, the Senior Engineer is expected to pitch in where needed and go above and beyond the below list of duties whenever the situation calls for it.
- Architect Technology Solutions for clients that leverage appropriate technology to meet their needs both now and in the future
- Assist and Guide the Sales Team with designing and quoting the elements of technology solutions
- A Senior Engineer leads the implementation of complex technology projects
- Accept escalation of serious problems/issues from junior members of the delivery team and effectively troubleshoot/resolve such problems/issues.
- Build and manage the company network and internetwork infrastructure.
- Seek out, explore, and experiment with new technologies that may be of benefit and interest to our customers
- Mentor and teach junior members of the delivery team to ensure continuous diffusion of technical knowledge among the team and constantly “raise the level” of the delivery team.
- The Senior Engineer works with the Project Manager and Project Leaders to develop realistic project requirements and timelines.
- Assist with the creation of technical documentation for the delivery team.
- 5 to 10 years of technical experience
- Network + Certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Superior diagnostic and problem solving skills
- The Senior Engineer must have a willingness to learn
- Ability to work well on a team
- Multiple Microsoft IT Professional Certifications (MCITP) (Each requires passing 2-4 tests in a competency)
- Additional non-Microsoft Certifications
- Good communication skills, both oral and written are requirements of the Senior Engineer.
- Reliable work record
- A good “can do" attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior Ability to mentor and guide coworkers in tasks
- The Senior Engineer must perform duties of being a Customer Advocate
- Must be capable of serving in the on-call rotation schedule.
- Thorough knowledge of computer networking and TCP/IP
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (server and workstation and mobile devices)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft virtualization and management technologies
- Thorough experience installing and configuring servers and server applications
- Thorough experience performing and managing server migrations
- Thorough experience installing, configuring, and managing firewalls
- Thorough experience installing, configuring, and managing wireless (wi-fi) networks
The STL companies are a privately held entrepreneurial venture positioned to provide our clients and partners an incomparable range of business and technology services. Our business teams help clients to think bigger, innovate faster and pursue their goals with confidence. We invest in understanding the culture, business model, customer demographics and markets of our clients, enabling services and programs that feel accessible and natural.
By integrating people, process, and technology, clients can expect an unparalleled experience that provides leveraged strategic and tactical value. Whether your goals are to protect your business, move it forward, manage your competitors or everything between … when one plus one has to equal five STL is the solution.
Not Ready To Apply?