To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires current licensure in the state
- Requires Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
- 2+ years experience in clinical setting
- Requires familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Home Care
- HOME CARE EXPERIENCE
Ability to accurately write routine reports and required correspondence as required by BrightStar guidelines. Ability to respond professionally and appropriately on behalf of BrightStar. Must be able to appropriately respond to and maintain confidential information at all times.
An RN requires the ability to:
• prioritize and complete work on time,
• be detail-oriented
• exhibit a service orientation to both staff and clients
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Must possess the ability to handle confidential information and act as the BrightStar spokesperson.
• Must respond appropriately in a balanced and objective manner in all situations.
• be a professional team player with a positive attitude.
• Requires outstanding organizational skills, problem solving skills, thoroughness, adaptability to shifting priorities and multi-tasking.
• Requires exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent listening skills, and exhibit a service orientation towards others.
• Must demonstrate solid judgment and discretion.
• Must also demonstrate a sense of understanding and urgency for priorities.
• Must troubleshoot and escalate where necessary, problems/issues to the appropriate individual.
Requires familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the nursing field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, such as physical requirements including (but not limited to) climbing stairs, the ability to lift/transfer patients and drive.
• Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check, drug screening and background check.
• May be required to submit to annual TB and rubella screening. Ability to safely lift, and physically manipulate patients.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/home environment
• Moderate physical activity, occasional lifting up to 50lb, standing or walking for more than 4 hours per day
• Home environment involves possible exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following safety precautions and may include use of protective equipment.
***Must have reliable automobile with valid insurance and ability to effectively navigate throughout service area.