A career at John Knox Village means making a difference in the lives of people. We spend each day building relationships with those we serve – both on the John Knox Village campus and in the surrounding community. In turn, our lives become richer.
What is John Knox Village?
As one of the nation’s largest continuing care retirement communities, we are a leader in providing services to older adults.
- We are a retirement community in Lee’s Summit, Mo.
Our 420-acre campus includes homes for seniors at all ages and stages. Residents live in houses, cottages, apartments, a residential care/assisted living facility and a comprehensive skilled nursing facility.
- We are a health services provider, with a home health agency, a hospice agency and a private duty agency, as well as memory care, post-acute care and rehab services.
- We are a village. We provide a small town’s worth of services to the 2,000 or so residents living on our campus. We have restaurants, beauty salons, landscaping, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, administrative offices and much more.
Who is John Knox Village?
As a culturally diverse care-oriented community, building relationships is essential because we are 2,000 residents and 1,000 associates who all come from different backgrounds. We come to work each day with an attitude of mutual respect, appreciation of differences, and working together to achieve common goals and values. As an employer, we offer a competitive pay, flexible work schedules, and a family-friendly environment all in an easy-to-get-to Lee’s Summit, Mo. location. Read about: Diversity
Learn more about us today and find out for yourself why John
Knox Village is the BEST place to live and work.
John Knox Village, Village Care
Center, Valley View Residential Care/Memory
Village Hospice, John Knox Village Home
Health Agency, LifeStyle Services, Home for Life Solutions.
CURRENTLY SEEKING CANDIDATES TO WORK THE FOLLOWING 2-WEEK ROTATING SCHEDULE:
Sun/Wed/Thurs - Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat
7am - 7pm
The certified nursing assistant is responsible to provide direct residents/customers care and follow established facility/department policies and procedures. Supportive of Village mission and values.
- Timely and effectively assists residents/customers with ADLs (activities of daily living)
- Accurately and timely checks and records temperatures, pulses, respirations and blood pressures. Weighs residents/customers and records weights.
- Ensures residents/customers are clean, dry and comfortable.
- Reports resident/customer information to the supervising nurse or manager in a timely fashion.
- Timely and accurately records information on appropriate charting form.
- May perform custodial, housekeeping, food service duties and wheelchair escort services as necessary.
- Assist residents/customers with eating when necessary.
- Initiates and participates in case conferences related to resident’s/customer’s goals and care.
- Conforms to all departmental policies/procedures and standards.
- The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
- The associate is subject to inside environmental conditions which provides protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
- The associate is required to function around individuals with challenged mental capacities.
- Required to drive from one location to another if necessary for services provided through the department.
Under the supervision of the on duty or on call nurse or the designated Manager
This job requires a combination of education, training and/or experience that would typically be acquired through a course of study leading to a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have current MO Certified Nurse Assistant Certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain prior to direct patient contact
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
- Minimum of 12 training and in-service hours annually.
- Basic level knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have excellent time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple sentences, paragraphs and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few typical variations in routine, standard situations.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Exerts in excel of 100 lbs of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 lbs of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20lbs of force constantly to move objects.
- The associate is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The associate is required to hear sounds at normal speaking levels.
- The associate is required to express or exchange ideas by means of talking.
- The duties of this position require the associate to stoop by bending the spine or at the waist; kneel; crouch by bending at the leg and spine; reach with hand(s) and arm(s); stand for sustained periods of time, walk from one site to another.
- The duties of this position require the associate to push, pull and lift using upper extremities and back muscles.
- The duties of this position require the associate to grasp objects with the fingers and palm and feel attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture.
Post-offer background check and drug screen required
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Not Ready To Apply?